Part 4

October 16th

That night, me and Danny chatted online. He told me that a girl in our section, Celina, knew Ashley. I instinctively wanted her to introduce me to my crush I literally spy on. The only problem was, I had a bad track record. Back at that time, I was a mean heartless jerk.

I knew I had to change my ways, and that's exactly what I started on practicing. I started to become nicer and more accepting, and I became a lot more approachable. It felt good knowing how friendly I've become. Time for change was now and I knew that for a fact.

October 17th

That Monday, classes were canceled. I was extremely disappointed knowing that I lost a day trying to introduce myself to her. That day was quiet and barely anything happened.

October 18th

Today school wasn't canceled. Yet I was nervous. I didn't know what to expect. But I went to school anyways. Danny was there, but Celina arrived way later. Danny had called Celina his "mom" because they had a really close friendship. He explained everything and I apologized for being a douchebag. She was really nice, and decided to help me.

Turns out, I didn't come with her that day. Nothing happened. Again.

October 19th

This time, things changed. Recess in school I followed Celina to try and talk to her. I was wearing my dark red jacket and I had it zipped up. She asked me if I had seen Ashley walking around, and I replied with no. She decided to go to her table and look for her. I was snacking heavily when Celina screamed Ashley. I ran through an escape route through my nervousness unseen. I decided to go back again, and Celina noticed me. This is what she said, and I quote.

"Let's go say hi to Miguel!"

I swear to God I forgot to mention she doesn't know me! Goddamn it why Lord! I never knew this information until later that day though. She caught a glimpse of me but I never knew. Until later! Damn.

For lunch, I decided to lay low. It was time I just stayed back for a bit. But when I got home, I learned the wifi didn't work properly. So I took an old phone, went outside to my porch, and turned on its mobile data and sharing. The purpose being was to check Instagram. My friend Vito direct messaged me the second my data worked. Vito is preferably not straight, but don't judge him he's actually really friendly.

Vito: OMG remember the girl you told me about?
Me: Yeah why
Vito: OH MY GOD SHE KNOWS YOU EXIST AND SHIZ
Me: Well that's nice
Vito: But she knows you like her
Me: What how?
Vito: I was talking to her earlier
Me: 😭

I felt dead. I screwed everything up and now I was in an awkward position. I had no idea what to do. I decided to eat dinner and keep texting people.

After dinner, Arwen, aka the only person in my class who I knew since 4th grade for we studied in the same school, direct messaged me. And this was a shocker.

Arwen: Miguel I'm talking to her right now, you should get online she's really friendly
Me: Arwen what the hell!! She knows I like her
Arwen: I'm gonna ask her
Me: No!!

She denied my warning and did it anyways. After she sent me a screenshot of her messages. She literally asked if Ashley knew me, and she said yes. She said it was awkward that someone she didn't know liked her. I felt dead.

Arwen: you should go apologize to her dude
Me: No are you crazy??

After a long argument, I finally found the guts to apologize. After I sent my first message, she requested to follow me. And she literally said that it was ok. I kept on apologizing and she forgave me. She seemed very friendly even after this weird conversation.

That day was one of the most, if not the most memorable days I've ever had in my life. God blessed me there and I was really thankful for it. Everything felt whole. I felt happy, I smiled, and best of all, she didn't hate me.