Part 10

January 1

As said previously, the first thing I ever did in the New Year was take a mirror selfie. Right after that I texted my friends a Happy New Year and dozed off.

Sometime around 4:00am, I woke up with huge stomach bums. I tried to sleep again, but couldn't. I woke my dad up and told him how I felt. My dad being the legend he is went downstairs and made me a cup of tea. I drank half of it and tried to sleep again. Reluctantly, I was able to.

I woke up at 6:30, still with stomach bums. I sat on my lazy boy in my room and watched YouTube on my iPad. Today my parents planned to go to the beach, and that's exactly what they did. I felt so sick at that point.

Along the way, we stopped at a Jolibee to eat. I suddenly felt like vomiting, so I rushed to the bathroom and tried to puke. Nothing. After I ate my breakfast, I felt like throwing up again. I rushed to the bathroom again. Nothing. My parents continued going to the beach.

Immediately when we got to the beach, I felt like throwing up again. I ran to the bathroom and this time, I actually lost my breakfast. I still felt sick, so I insisted on sleeping the entire day.

Lunchtime, my parents ordered me soup and peppermint tea. I slowly ate my lunch, and fell asleep again.

After we left the beach, I felt like throwing up again. My dad pulled over and opened the window. I ran out and lost my lunch there. The rest of the car ride was complaining about how painful the stomach area was.

When we got home, I walked up the stairs to my room, and started feeling really cold. I cuddled up in a blanket and texted my friends on my condition. Then, my parents called me for dinner. Usually, Id yell that I was coming, but no, I was too sick to and laid limp on my bed. My dad eventually got me, and had me eat congee. I kept complaining on how I'd throw it up in the end. After dinner, I slept.

Jan 2

The second I woke up, I felt queasy again and ran for the bathroom. I threw up yesterday's dinner and Gatorade I was drinking. My parents tried to treat it like stomach flu, but I knew at this point that it wasn't. I was convinced it was appendicitis. All the symptoms were there. If I raised my right leg, it would hurt, as my dad said last night. And I remember my 5th and 6th grade science teacher telling me where the appendix was. It was where the pain was. Yesterday it hurt where my stomach was, but no, today it started to increase over the appendix area. Now only if my parents knew.

Later in the day, around 2pm, my parents finally did the proper decision of bringing me to the hospital. We checked in the emergency room, and started running tests. They put me in a hospital bed, and poked the appendix area. I said it hurt. Then nurse released the pressure. Jesus Christ that was painful. And apparently that's a symptom of appendix. They said I either had UTI or Appendicitis. I only know what appendicitis is, but it's super deadly. Your appendix, a useless organ that carries toxins, inflames, which eventually means it will explode. If it blows, you'll die of blood poisoning.

The first thing they had me do was pee in a cup. Easy enough. I have to pee all the time. But the second thing they made me do was stupid. They made me take a blood test, aka sticking a needle into your vein, keeping it there for ten seconds, and collecting the blood. I was scared as hell. The first time the nurse was about to do it, I was too nervous and my dad told the nurse to try again later. Later, the nurse tried again, my dad held my left hand as the right hand endured a needle. After they collected the blood, the had to test it. Another 30 minutes in the hospital bed.

It was around 5pm when they started with a diagnosis. They said it could be appendicitis. To make sure, they had to conduct a CT scan on me. A CT scan is basically those circular tube X-rays that scans you with a lot more computer monitoring than X-rays. A paramedic wheelchaired me to the CT Scan room. I forgot to mention, I was losing my ability to walk. The room had a tube like X-ray machine, like the cancer monitoring ones you see in movies. A nurse told me to follow the instructions as I laid down on the pad that would go through the ring. An automated voice told me to breath in deeply and then breath out. After around 5 minutes of breathing I was wheelchaired back to the holding room.

Around 5:30, they finally came to the conclusion that I had appendicitis. They'd do surgery on my appendix as soon as they get a surgeon who could operate on me. But before that, they'd have to stick more needles into me! This time, it was the IV needle. This would keep me hydrated throughout the surgery and would let them give me antibiotics without drinking. Things is, I'm scared of needles. They had to try it three times before they were able to insert the needle on my left arm. By that time, it was 6:45pm. My operation was at 11:00pm. They had me put on a hospital gown, and at this time I started telling my friends.

I told Miguel, who basically told everyone I knew. Soon enough I started texting my group chat. Trisha was crying her eyes out, and Danny and Celina tried to keep me and Trisha calm. Every second I laid in the hospital bed was a second closer to my death. I felt something crawling up my spine, it was anxiety.

Later on, two male nurses shipped me to the holding room at around 9:00. They had to start prepping me and their equipment before they actually started. The second they shipped me to the holding room, I had to pee. So I told the girl on the room. She asked me if I could stand up, I said no. Not because I wanted to say no, but because after all the tests they've done, I've lost my ability to walk. So instead, the nurse got me a bottle and told me to pee in it. This hospital experience was pretty funny.

Around 10:00, they shipped me to the Operating Room. My parents had gone to the hospital room and left me with the nurses and the surgeon, as they were supposed to. I haven't said this but the surgeon's name is Dr. Cinco. Anyways, two male nurses pushed me through the doors, and I saw a bunch of equipment. A nurse put two gel pads of my chest and another two on my shoulders, which were both very cold. I looked up, and saw a metal dish. My heavy eyes slowly closed, and without them putting the anesthesia mask, I fell asleep. That was the last thing I could remember.