Chapter 3: There's a first for everything

Clarrissas P.O.V

As I walked outside I was greeted by a rather handsome Jonathan.

"You look great" Jonathan said as he looked me up and down from head to toe.

"You're not bad yourself". I teased with him.

"Thanks". He said with a small chuckle escaping from his mouth.

He opened the back door and inside sat a girl about my age. I was guessing that that was the girl Pat met.

"After you". Jon said waving his hand around.

"Thanks". I said smiling and climbing into the back seat.

"My names Jessica". The girl next to me said. "and you are"?

"Oh I'm Clarissa". I said.

"Nice name".

"Thanks, I like yours to!"

"You can call me Jess".

"Ok".

Jonathan and Patrick were arguing over what radio station to put on. I guess Patrick wanted hard rock, and Jonathan wanted Electro. So I took the time to ask Jess a few questions.

"So, where did you meet Patrick?"

"Oh! Right after the game, he bumped into me. Im a Boston fan, so we got talking and I found about you and Jon, and here we are!" "How long have you and Jon been an item?"

"Well, were not and item, and I met him in the hallway after the game. He kind of ran into me."

"Aww to bad, you guys would be cute!"

"He seems nice considering he just met me a couple of hours ago. ".

"I agree."

"You seem really nice." "Do you live here in Boston"?

"Yeah, I have an apartment down on West Ave."

"Born and Raised"?

"Yep, all I ever grew up around was hockey".

"You play?"

"A little".

"On a team"?

"No". "I was hoping to move somewhere and then just start up there".

"See, I just played in high school, but I was hoping to start up again to."

"What high school"?

"SouthWest, I was part of the Cobras".

"Position?" Jonathan asked from the front.

"Right Wing, number 18".

"Atta girl". Patrick said.

"Good position to play". Jess said. "I was a Center".

"Atta Girl". Jonathan said. 

"Anyways, when are we arriving at this club Patrick"? Jess asked.

"Should be at least another 10 minutes". He replied.

"Pat,  you are THE slowest driver I know". Jonny said.

"At least I don't speed like somebody else..." Patrick said.

"I don't go THAT fast"! Jonny said.

"Maybe you should ask the team that". Patrick muttered.

"Who's the captain here?"

We drove another 10 minutes with arguing. I was in the back seat chuckling under my breath. 

I stepped out of the back seat and straightend my dress. It was a little wrinkled from the leather seats. I looked up and caught Jonathan checking me out.

"You really do look great". Jon said giving me that adorable smile.

"Quit checking me out, and lets get inside". I said laughing.

He blushed, and held out his arm for me. I grabbed onto it and he led me into the club. The minute you opened the door, you could feel the intense beat from the music that made someone just want to get up and dance. I looked around and found and empty table. I pointed over to it and Jonathan and Patrick agreed with me. We all walked over to it, and sat down in the empty seats. We all ordered drinks, and my favorite song came on. Wasted by Teisto. I saw Jonathan sweating like a pig. I could tell he was nervous, but surpisingly he worked up the courage to ask me to dance. He held out his hand and I took it. He lead me onto the dance floor. Patrick and Jess soon followed and we stared dancing all together.

I started moving to the beat, along with Jonathan. At first I was just moving my head, then the infectious beat spread to my whole body. Jonathan just looked ackward, so I helped him along and took his hands. I brought him close and started swaying my hips. He got the hang of it and was soon moving along with me to the music. We decided to switch partners so I danced with Patrick. He took my waist, and we started swaying our hips together.

"You know, your a really good dancer Kaner". I yelled over the loud music.

"I get that a lot!" He yelled back.

"How come youre so nice to me? I only met you an hour ago!"

"I dunno. You just seem really fun and laid back. You arent falling all over me and Jon".

I smiled and kept dancing until the song ended. We were all tired, but Jess and Patrick wanted to keep dancing. Jon seemed to have had enough though.

"Hey Claire!" Jon yelled to me.

"Yea"?

"Im going to go get us some more drinks!"

"OK! Ill go with you"! I said.

He smiled and we walked off the dance floor. We both turned back and caught Jess and Patrick kissing in the middle of the dance floor.

"Im happy they are hitting it off'! I said.

"Me to, but he does this all the time". 

"What do you mean?"

"He just finds random girls after a game and brings them to get drinks. But the next day, they vanish". 

"I don't think that will happen with him and Jess". I said.

"What do you want to drink?" He said changing the subject. 

"Get me a Miller Lite on Draft". I said.

"Miller lite it is then, why don't you go back to the table and grab Jess and Patty".

"Ok".

I wormed my way back through the dance floor and grabbed them.

"Jon just ordered drinks". I said.

They hesitantly agreed to come with me. 

As the night dragged on, we all seemed to lose track of time. We kept drinking. Pat kept cracking jokes that would make us laugh till our sides hurt. Untill we got bored and we decided to head out to go somewhere else.