Chapter 11: Falling For You

Jonathan's P.O.V.

        Lately she is all that I can think about. I dont know if there is something seriously wrong with me, or if it is just a really strong feeling. Wether it be im doing something, or just sitting in silence, my mind automatically goes to her. Her smile, her beautifull long dirty blonde hair, her blazing brown eyes, her everything. It burns inside of me like an intuition. Like it was meant to be. Ive narrowed it down to one possible thing. Love. 

 "Nice man". Said someone as they gave me a pat on the back. 

I grabbed my towel from the arm of the machine, and swiped my forehead. A bead of perspiration ran down the temple of my forehead and continued down my cheek. Stressed? No, that wasnt the right word to describe my mood. More like emotionally confused. 

I have been getting alot of mixed emotions from Clarrissa, and I cant tell where she is coming from. She hasnt returned any of my calls in the last 3 days, and I swear if I hear the words "Hi its Clarrissa. I cant get to the phone right now." one more time, Ill throw my phone at the wall. I have so many questions. Does she love me like I love her? Did I do something wrong? Is she the right one for me? Is she avoiding me? 

But then I heard the workout room door open. I turned my head slowly to see who had entered the building. I saw her. I quickly snapped myself back into reality. I really need to learn not to stare. 

She glanced over in my direction, but only for a split second. Which gave me an uneasy feeling. I stopped my machine and grabbed my water bottle from the floor. I ran a hand through my messy hair and headed for her. She saw me a gave me a smile which settled me. 

"Hey babe". She said smiling. 

"Hey! Is everything been okay lately"? I asked. 

"Yeah why? Something bothering you?"

"Well, yeah. I was just wondering if something was upsetting you. You havent returned any of my calls".

She bent down to grab something from her bag but still continued to talk to me. 

"With your schedule and everything, I didnt want you to feel like you had to make time for me. Ill survive. I just dont feel comfortable coming across as clingy". 

"Dont worry about that babe. You never came across that way to me . Just next time, let me know when youre upset, and we will work it out". 

"Okay. Now that we have got that cleared, what workout first"? 

"Well im going to go lift some weights. You could come spot me".  

"Awesome". 

She grabbed her water bottle and we began to walk across the room to the weights. 

I looked over in Brandons direction. He was with the girl that came with Clarrissa. I never did catch her name. Then I changed my glance to Patrick. He seemed very lonley and distracted. Something about him felt far off. I turned to look beind me at Clarrissa. I was fully concentrated on her.

She is so beautiful. 

Suddenly, for a split second, it was like everything went into slow motion. 

I saw Clarrissas expression change from a smile to a look of horror. Screams rang out all around me, but for some reason they seemed muffled. I had no idea what was going on until my foot hit something and I headed for the ground. As I fell I tried to reach for things to help regain my balance. My head suddenly struck something and pain instantly traveled through my head. I hit the ground hard.

My vision was blurry and my head was throbbing. I saw only moving shapes above me. I could only make out one thing. Clarrissa. She bent down next to me and placed a hand under my head. She screamed something at someone.

I blinked a few times to try and regain my vision. No use. I saw another figure rush to my side. I could only guess it was Patrick. They both tried to speak to me once again, but I still couldnt make out any of the words.

The back of my head felt sticky. I tried to move my hand to reach up and touch whatever it was but I couldnt move.

I noticed Clarrissa had started to cry but I couldnt make out her face anymore. The corners slowly started to turn black, and my breathing turned heavy. The black corners started closing in untill the only thing left was Clarrissa.

She whispered something and for some reason, I could tell what she said.

Don't Leave Me. 

Those were the last words I heard before the whole room turned black.