Chapter 9: Summer of Stanley

Clarrissas P.O.V

I was sitting at home flipping past commercials and shitty ads on my TV. It was Tuesday morning, round 8:00. The parade was in about 3 hours. I had to get moving and get myself ready so I turned on the music station on my TV. It was playing "Love Somebody". By Maroon 5. I turned up the volume and threw the remote on the couch. I walked to my bedroom and threw open the closet doors.

I grabbed my Toews Jersey from Jonathan and a pair of faded shorts. It was a semi warm day in Downtown Chicago so I figured why not. I grabbed my Hawks Hightops and slipped them on my feet. I then walked to my bathroom to fix the hair situation I had going on.

I threw my normal makeup on and straightened my hair. I pulled part of it to the side and bobby pinned it. I grabbed my phone and hit Jonathans Number. I waited till my phone said "connecting" and I put it up to my ear.

"Hello"? He answered.

"Hey Babe".

"Oh Hey"! "Parade starts in about an hour, but team has to be there early to get pictures".

"Its cool".

"Ill be over to pick you up in a bit". He said.

"Ok".

I clicked end and slipped my phone in my back pocket. I glanced at the TV. I grabbed the remote and clicked it off. I heard a horn honk outside so I locked the door and walked outside to Jonathans Sweet Ass Car. I opened the door and hopped in the passenger seat.

"Hey you look great". He said smiling.

"Thanks Captain". I said smiling back.

"Lets go show off this Stanley Cup". He said as he pulled out of the driveway.

We headed down to the United Center where all of the Hawks were meeting. Jonny parked the car and we both stepped out. I slid on my aviators and started heading for the door. I opened it and walked inside.

"Hey Clarrissa"! Everybody yelled.

"Hey Guys"! I said.

"Nice Shades"! Crow said.

"I thought you would like them". I said smiling and weaving my way through the crowd.

"Holy Shit Claire". Shawsy said stopping me. " Like, where did you get those shoes"? "I so need a pair".

I just stood there laughing for almost five minutes until I regained myself.

"Shawsy, you crack me up way to much". I said smiling.

"You know, I was kind of going for that". He said.

"Hey Lil Sis"! Seabs said from behind me.

"Jesus Christ"! I said. "You made me jump almost a mile Big Bro". I said.

"Oh Im Sorry". He said.

"Its ok". I said. I heaved a yawn and blinked a few times. "Im so tired".

"Well maybe you should of slept more". Shawsy said.

"Your always tired". Seabs said.

"Well you guys are nice". I said sarcastically.

I pulled out my phone and slid open the lock I had on it. I raised my phone up and hauled Seabs into the picture.

Shawsy raised his hands up and shrieked. "Oh God everybody, shes taking selfies"!

"Hey Im only taking one"! I said.

"Oh yea Im sure".. Shawsy said rolling his eyes at me.

I had my back facing the rest of the boys. I went to go take another selfie. But their was somebody in the camera behind me. Jonny.. He wrapped his arms around my waist and smiled. I snapped the picture and set it as my background. He spun me around so I was facing him.