Chapter 6: A Toews Jersey With a Big C

Clarissas P.O.V

I awoke in the bed that I fell asleep in last night. Except one thing was different, Jonathan wasn't there...

I turned myself around and tried to fall back to sleep, but the feeling wasn't the same. I sat up and grabbed my phone and found a text from Jonny. It read: Went to go get some coffee with Kaner and Bicks, should be back round 9.

I laughed to myself and took a quick look at the bed to my right, and saw that Jess was still sleeping. I heaved a sigh and got out of bed. I walked over to the bathroom, closed the door, and flicked on the light. I found a scary sight in the mirror. Seeing as my hair was a frizzy mess, I threw it up in a bun. I opened the door back up and walked out. I didn't have any clothes so I decided I would find my way back to my hotel and throw some new clothes on, and possibly take a shower.

I sent a Jonny a text and let him know that I wouldn't be there when he got back, but we could meet up later in the day. I grabbed my clothes from the night before, and found myself a bag. I stuffed them in there, and walked down to the hotel lobby and out the front doors. I hailed down a taxi and rode back to my hotel.

The drive was short, but I eventually got there. Once I did, I went straight up to my room and threw on a pair of my jeans, a hawks t-shirt, (Just to tick some people off in Boston) and my favorite pair of converses. I looked hidieous so I threw on some makeup and straightened my hair. I pinned it back with bobby pins and grabbed my phone. There was another text from Jonathan and another text from an unknown number.

From Jonathan at 9:49 a.m

Ok, I just got out of the Coffee shop. Where is your hotel? I have a surprise for you.

To Jonathan at 9:51 a.m

Its on West Suburban. Its super tall, and has a red canopy in the front. I think its called the Gendal- something. Im not sure.

From Jonathan at 9:52 a.m

Ok, Ill do my best to find it.

I then checked the unknown number text that I had gotten a couple minutes before.

From 915-8263 at 9:48 a.m

Hey, is this Clarrissa?

To 915-8263 at 9:54 a.m

Yes, and who is this?

From 915-8263 at 9:56 a.m

Its Patrick.

To 915-8263 at 9:57 a.m

Oh ok. Hey! How did you get my number?

I took the time to enter Patricks number into my phone because otherwise I would forget to do it.

From Patrick at 9:59 a.m

I may or may not have stolen it off of Jonny's phone while he was getting coffee.

To Patrick at 10:00 a.m

Ah... I see. By the way, hows it goin?

From Patrick at 10:02 a.m

Pretty good I guess.

To Patrick at 10:03 a.m

Whats wrong?

From Patrick at 10:04 a.m

Nothing! I guess I just have mixed feelings.