Chapter 17

Chapter 17: Smile

I headed back to Vivian's house, debating if I should ask her about her past. If all of what I heard was true, than it would make it hard for me to joke around and argue with her. And that explains why she isn't really like my other victims. For example, they would always scream for their lives when I pulled my knife out on them like this morning for example. When I pulled out my knife and brung it up to her face, she only stood there, instead of screaming and begging to spare her life. She's different in every way. Maybe she wanted to die because of her past, because of what she went through. But what if she didn't? And if she didn't, why would she just... just... "STAND THERE LIKE AN IDIOT?!" I accidentally screamed out loud and I sighed. Why am I feeling pity for her? I'm supposed to be a cold hearted killer who isn't supposed to feel anything for anyone and that dose include my friends. I shouldn't feel pity for anyone! And right as I was about to take a turn, something ran into me and knocked me down, hitting my head hard on the concrete. I winced and shut my eyes tight amd when I opened them, I stared at what what hovering over me on all fours. "Smile...?" I whispered, looking at it in complete amazement. This husky was my old dog when I was a kid. He got ran over when I was 10 and the vet said that he wouldn't make it through the night. But...how did he find me? And more importantly, how is he even alive?! He gave me a huge grin and started to lick my face over and over. That's what was unique about him, he had this weird but awesome smile that almost all the time, gave my brother, mom, and dad chills but I thought that it was just fine. I found him when I was walking home from school one day and I guess I just felt sorry for the thing so I just picked him up and took him in. But like I said, a few years after I found him, he had gotten ran over by some guy and it literally broke my heart when I heard that loud, long ring on the heart rate machine. "S-Smile! Hey! q-quit it!" I chuckled and he stopped. He got off of me and that gave me a chance to get up and start to give him a, very unexpected, welcome back.