This Day Was Special

The next few weeks passed. Lovino had Antonio's things moved into the extravagant room across the hall from his own. Even though His things were in their own space, Antonio spent most of his nights in Lovino's bed. Each morning, Antonio was up with the sun, preparing Lovi's clothes and an expansive breakfast for Lovi and all of the mobsters who lived on the property. He did these things, not because he had to, but because he wanted to.
One morning, all of the mob members had left before Antonio even woke up, and so he prepared a special breakfast in bed for his partner. He walked into the room, carrying a tray of bread and jam, fried eyes, and red wine. Lovi sat up slowly, yawning.
Antonio placed a soft kiss on Lovi's cheek, setting down the tray, "Good morning ll mio amore. Ti amo Lovi."
Lovi smiled sleepily, "Te amo mi amor. Why the special breakfast this morning?", he jestured to the tray of his favorite breakfast items.
Antonio just smiled and sat down on the bed, "Today just felt special." and placed a light kiss on Lovi's lips, "Your suit is ironed on the dresser, see you downstairs."
Antonio smiled, blew a kiss, and left to get dressed. Lovi reluctantly got up, grabbing a piece of toast, and preparing to get the day started.

Antonio sat on the leather couch of his favorite sitting room. He was reading a book of poetry from Lovi's extensive library. They both enjoyed poetry very much and it was a very special time when they would write poems about and to each other. He smiled at the words as if they could leap of the pages and smile back. The door slid open and Antonio turned around to see Lovi leaning against the door frame, polishing his favorite handgun. Antonio smiled at his love and put down the book, walking over to the Italian man at the door. He wrapped his arms around Lovi's waist, hugging him close. Lovi rested his chin on Antonio's head, stroking his hair.
Lovi kissed Antonio's head, "'toni, I have to go now. Don't worry mi amor, I'll be as safe as I can be."
Antonio smiled and kissed Lovi, "Gracias mi amor. Ti amo Lovi, come back to me alive."
The mob boss nodded, and turned to go, setting his handgun on the table and turned to his Spaniard, "In case I don't come back, make sure she's well polished. Don't let her or my memory tarnish. Ti amo ll mio amore."
Antonio grinned and nodded. Lovi, satisfied, grabbed his coat and left, closing the large doors behind him.

The ringing of a the hall phone shook Antonio out of his reading. He stood and answered the phone. The terrified voice on the other end was that of Lovino's most trusted second in comand. The news he delivered turned Antonio's face ghost white.
Antonio struggled to shake out a sentence, "H-How bad is the b-bullet wound...?"