The combo part 6

Chapter 6

Cassie's PROV

The rain pounded the Windows and four dripping wolves skidded in threw the garage. One stopped to snap at Mark and ran to join the others. Mark looked after them with sad eyes. "look you don't have to stay on my account" I said even though I didn't want him to go. Kyle looked at me like I had said the stupidest thing in the world, again,  and he tried to smother a laugh with a cough. "What?"

"I'm not staying for you, I've got to help out now I'm 16  and besides I need to help Kyle find Adam, we had to leave him in the woods for the first time to come to your stupid meeting" For the first time since I met mark I saw really anger that wasn't directed at Kyle, it was directed at me.

"Oh and that's my fault? I never asked to be turned into a monster! and if I'm that much trouble just take me home"

"Now there's a appealing idea"  Kyle pipped in with a cruel smirk, which triggered a picture of the trinity project. That's funny, I swear that wasn't my thought. I hate Kyle's smirk it makes him look so hot. "FYI little wolf, I wouldnt start thinking crude thoughts about me when we are this close. Wolf telepathy" He said with a wink and both brothers burst out in a awkward laugh and I felt my cheeks light up a deep purple.

"That's enough, we need find Adam and bring him out of the combo" said Mark. He was still looking at me but the fire had burned out of his eyes And he looked almost happy. I on the other hand was mortified! why on earth had nobody told me about stupid wolf telepathy! "what's the "combo"?"

"you know when your a wolf, and you lose yourself, well we call it the combo. You will understand when you go out in the woods" Mark explained looking a little excited just talking about the "combo"

"I well come help you, where are we anyway?" I asked to try and get my mind of TELEPATHY!

"Dont freak..." said Mark putting a hand on my arm. Oh God it was gonna be bad. "We're in Canada" Kyle hooked a arm under my arm and I felt my knees go week.  Oh! My! God! Canada! "shhh it's ok, look we will go and find adam and then we can talk about it later." as I looked at Mark for the first time I could see how he was attractive, a bit like Kyle but without the mean bits. Both brothers looked at me and at each other and smiled. What? I thought, shit telepathy again. What was wrong with? Why did I keep thinking these things? Two days ago all I could think about is going back to school after the summer and now I can't stop thinking about any man thats in a three meter radious.

"ok one question how does this telepathy thing work?"

"It's simple, the longer your one of us the stronger the bond with your pack, Its our way to talk when we turn. Now can we go"

"Kyle don't you ever feel guilty for making people turn, like against their will?" I asked him.

" Guilt. Don't know it, but I've heard it can be a royal bitch."

Kyle went down in the basement to get some A.B, alpha blood and some wolfbane. "right, I'm going to inject you with blood and then with WB later to make you turn back and Dont bite me!" Kyle commanded and me and Mark shared a look. I felt something touching my mind and I could almost make out some words. "sorry that was me, I wanted to see if you could hear me" said Mark

"Right when you shift you follow me, when Dean isn't there I'm alpha, have you got that?"

"yes Kyle, like I'm going to run of, look what happened last time and I didn't even leave the house!" I said putting on a board voice even though I was terrified. Kyle took two steps toward me and lifted the needle you to my neck. On instinct I moved away but Mark was behind me and grabbed my head to stop me from moving and to give access to Kyle. Kyle didn't hang about and the needle was in and pumping the blood into me. The repulsion was still there burning but I managed to push it aside and not be sick. The next thing I felt was the inevitable back breaking pain and then nothing but to follow the alpha.

The second I reached the tree line I could understand why Mark was excited. I felt and saw everything in high definition. And I didn't care about how lovely the lake looked in the sunset, Or how beautiful the summer followers smelt, or even how the birds sang and everything fitted together like a jigsaw. The one thing I cared about was the rabbit fifty feet north of me and I almost went after it. Somewhere deep deep inside me I felt repulsed at the thought of ripping apart a innocent animal, but that was suppressed by the overwhelming adrenaline rush. It took hops towards us and that was all it took. Alpha and Brown wolf were tracking the young wolf and were spread out, this kill would be mine. I stalked to some tall grass about twenty feet away from the unsuspecting meal. My paws were soundless of the soft ground. The alpha and Brown wolf didn't know I was gone yet. The rabbit took some more hops towards me. It was five feet infront now. I braced myself. One swift lunge and I would have it. I will shake it, so it's neck breaks and then eat it. I was just about to lunge when alpha growled at me. He was close and very mad. The rumbling noise scared my pray into a frenzy and it turned to high tail it out of here. NO! I couldn't let it go. I was as fast as the rabbit but alpha was faster. He jumped on me and we both went hurtling throw the mud. He was up before me and was making circles around me. Brown wolf came with young wolf and they waited. I got up and shook of stray bits of grass and leaves. Alpha didn't like that he bit into my ear and shakes my head like I was going to shake the rabbit. I cried out at my sensitiv ear being eaten and chewed through. Alpha let me go after another shake and I staggered away to stand next to Brown wolf. Alpha snapped at me as he prowled past and lead the way back to the forest line. When alpha and Brown wolf reached the line they turned back to people and stabbed me and young wolf with something poisonous enough to expel us from our body. "If you want to chase the wild life do it in your own time! not mine" shouted Kyle and Mark shook his head at his brother. "considering im your mentor you will be sharing bedroom with us and Adam, Now let's get inside, I bet you have lots of questions that you want anwsers for.

**** please leave feedback