Chapter 6

Astrid's POV

I woke up to something kicking me. I blearily sat up and saw a lump under the covers. Lifting them up I saw Soren asleep upside down and squirming in his sleep.

Still half asleep I shuffle out of bed and head towards the bathroom. I try to rub the sleep out of my eyes with one hand while opening the door with the other. Just as I step into the bathroom I hear a rustle and look up. The shower curtain just parted and Hiccup was stepping out.

Both of us were basically frozen on the spot. I blinked, then blinked again and then let out a scream as I slammed the bathroom door close while Hiccup quickly reached for a towel. I was panting as I braced myself against the bathroom door holding it closed and I was certain that my cheeks must have been flaming red.

"Astrid......" Came from behind the door.

"I'm so sorry!!" I yelled. "I didn't see anything!!"

"Astrid..." Hiccup said again.

"I mean it's no big deal!!" I babble and let out a groan. "No! I mean...... ARG...... I'm so sorry."

"Astrid......" Hiccup calls again interrupting my embarrassing babble. "Could you not hold the door closed?"

I quickly step away from the door and hold my hands before my eyes. I hear the door creak open followed by a sigh.

"Astrid you can look now." Hiccup tells me but I shake my head. 'There is no way I'll live this down.' I think.

"Astrid...... I'm wearing a bathrobe." I hear and quickly peak between my fingers. I really shouldn't have because now I couldn't stop laughing. Hiccup was indeed in a bathrobe. A fluffy blue robe with small red Terrible Terrors on it.

Hiccup gave me a glare as I clutched my stomach from laughter.

"Har har......" He mumbled. "You and Soren can get ready. I'm going to get us breakfast and some new clothes." He tells me. "We'll have a busy day today."

"Wait, what are we doing today?" I ask perplexed.

"We need to find out if that object is real right. This morning I searched for known specialists on these objects. We are going to see one." He replies as he grabs his clothes.

"There are actually specialists in the city?" I ask but get a shake of the head.

"The closest sane one I could find is in the University town the next county over." Hiccup tells me.

"Wait, sane one?!!"

"Yup" Hiccup simply shrugs. "I'll get some snacks for the road as well."

"No sugar!!" I tell him.

"Yes yes, I know......now" Hiccup grumbled and I let out a giggle.

After Hiccup left I woke Soren up who whined and grumbled while trying to clutch one of the pillows. After finally getting the boy out of bed and showered I decided to give him a haircut.

"Whyyy Astrid?" Soren whined but sat still as I cut off the split ends.

"Because your hair's a mess." I tell him as I took off another bit of black hair. "You shouldn't even have this much split ends."

When I was done I showed Soren in the mirror. "See that wasn't so bad." I tell him. "You can now show off those pretty blue eyes of yours."

Hiccup returned 20 minutes later dragging in shopping bags. He handed me two bags which were full of clothes. The other bag contained waffles and pancakes.

"Thanks Hiccup." I tell him and he nods. I call out to Soren so that we could eat and change.

An hour afterwards we were finally ready to hit the road. Soren was happily playing with a stuffed Nadder toy Hiccup had gotten him.

Halfway during the trip after we stopped for a bathroom break I asked Hiccup why he became a mercenary.

"Let's just say my father and I didn't see eye to eye and I ended up leaving after a big fight." He tells me as we drive back onto the road. "There weren't many places that would hire me."

"Why wouldn't they hire you?" I ask.

"Probably my dad putting pressure on them so that I would come crawling back after not finding a job." Hiccup tells me which causes me to frown. "The underground had no qualms about hiring me though."

Seeing my confused face Hiccup elaborated. "My father is the CEO of Haddock industries. He wanted me to take over and even went as far as to arrange marriage interviews with the daughters of the other company's CEOs."

I blink and look at Hiccup in shock trying to process what he said. "Wait your father is the CEO of Haddock industries.........The same Haddock industries which runs this country."

"Pretty much." Hiccup mumbled as I just stare at him. Then I poke him in the ribs.

"Ouch! What was that for?" He asks.

"Just trying to make sure I'm not dreaming." I mumble.

"You're trying to stop a madman from taking over the world through some mythical objects and don't bat an eye, yet when I tell you that I'm related to the head of one of the world's corporations you decide to see if it's all a dream." Hiccup stated quirking an eyebrow in my direction.

"No need to get sassy." I huff which causes him to laugh.

The rest of the car ride was pleasant. I must have nodded off at some point because Hiccup lightly shook me awake when we reached our destination.

As we got out of the car I could see the modern university buildings spread out. I grabbed the satchel where I had placed the bundle in and grabbed Soren's hand as Hiccup led us to one of the buildings. A sign in front read faculty building and I wondered just who we were about to meet.

After getting lost within the building Hiccup finally managed to locate the right office number which he had scribbled on a piece of paper.

The nameplate on the door read Dr. Ingerman, Historian.

Hiccup knocked and from inside the office I could hear a voice calling for us to enter.