Chapter 5

"Any luck with your job hunting?" Daniella says as she types frantically on her laptop.

"Not really, what about your school hunting?" I answer, just slightly raising my head so I could look at her from the other side of the sofa.

"I sent an application to the school I refused last summer, the Catholic one and some others," she groans. "Stop being a lazy ass, you have been laid out on that sofa all afternoon."

"I'm tired, I walked all day," I say sitting up. "It's not my fault your sofa is super comfy."

"So you only came here to lay on my sofa?" She asks amusedly.

"I came here to see you and lay on your sofa," I smirk. "You could be a sweetheart and lay with me, but you rather finger kill that keyboard."

"Let me just finish this."

"The Catholic school huh," I think out loud as I lay back on the couch. "I don't think they'll be happy to know you're dating a woman."

"You shouldn't judge," she says mindlessly as she continues to practice the horrendous act of torture on those keys. I feel especially sorry for that space bar. "Besides that, what I do privately is none of their business."

"I want to go on dates with you tho."

"We have had dates, Anna, and we'll keep on having them," she says glancing over at me. "Just not in a very conventional way."

"Fair enough, but when will you let me sleep over?" I sit up again scooting closer to her. She rolls her eyes and goes back to killing the half-dead keyboard. "I promise I'll behave, ma'am."

"Stop talking like that," she says squinting her eyes at me.

"I'm trying to seduce you."

"You're not seducing me with cheap porn lines, Anna."

"Oh, so you know how cheap porn lines sound like?" I smirk.

"Do you think I was born this age?"

"Sometimes? You never talk about your childhood. Also, you're not denying it."

"My childhood was not that interesting," she says, putting her laptop aside and scooting closer to me so we could cuddle. "My dad was very overprotective."

"That's nice, I don't have enough fingers to count how many times my dad forgot me at school," I chuckle. "I'm counting with my toes too," I say as I wiggle them.

"Your dad is overprotective of you too, in his own way," she chuckles as well, running her fingers down my hair.

"I know, he equipped me with pepper spray since I was 13, which is illegal and he's a lawyer."

"I didn't mean it that way, that's just crazy," she laughs shaking her head. "I wouldn't trust you with that, not even now."

"Good news is, I've never had to use it before, not even on Pedo Nicholls," I say wiggling my eyebrows. "Perks of being a hard head is that my head is actually pretty hard."

"You were lucky, Anna, I don't even want to think about it," she groans holding me slightly harder. Daniella still doesn't know about the plan, I'm pretty sure she would kill me if she knew. Now thinking about it, yeah it was pretty dumb, but look, everything turned out ok. "I was so worried."

"At least it made you realise how much you care for me."

"I already knew that, I guess I just didn't want to admit it to you," she says caressing my face. "It did make me realise I could have lost you for good," she whispers as she places a tender kiss on my forehead.