Chapter 2

(2D's POV)

I started to get worried when Murdoc started messing up more and more chords. And even more worried when he stopped in the middle of a song, he always plays till the end, no matter what he's listening to. I knocked in the door, asking him if he was alright. The music just got louder, so I knocked on the door again. Then I heard a familiar sound, something I hoped would never come from the other side of this door. The sound of a gun being cocked.

I tried to push the door open, only to realize it was locked. "Murdoc, open 'dis fuckin door!" No answer. I through my body into it, trying to knock it down, or ion it with force. When the old wooden frame finally gave out, and the door fell in, I wash shocked at what I saw.

Murdoc, holding a gun to his head, with tears streaming down his face, his mismatched eyes refusing to look at me. He noticed me in the doorway right away, and his arm went limp as he dropped the gun, letting it fall to the ground and bounce under his bed.

"Shit, Murdoc, what 're ya doin!?" I panic Ed. I didn't know what to do in a situation like this?

"Get out."

"No! Murd-"

"I said, get the FUCK OUT!" he screamed, the music still blaring in the background.

"I ain't leaving ya like this," I said a little calmer. I went over to turn down the music. He let me, without any arguing. I took my hands and held his face with both of them, forcing him to look at me when he refused to. "Look at me Mudz... Oh my god, Murdoc why-"

"I don't need your pity," he forced out through clenched teeth. His voice cracked like a hiccup, trying to stop himself from crying. I sat on the bed next to him, trying to comfort him as best I could. How do I comfort a man who hates to be touched.

"Murdoc why... W-why would ya do this?"

He looked at me with the most serious face, "Because the world ain't fair Stu."

"Fair? Fair to wha'?" He didn't answer. Instead, he picked up the gun and threw it, creating another dent in his wall.

I looked at him in shock, only to realise the tears had returned to his face. he looked like he was in pain and thought, and I guess... I couldn't help it. I leaned in to try and hug him, comfort him. And he did exactly what I thought he would.

He punched me. Right in my mouth.

I started back, not wanting to get hurt again. I fell on my ass and scrambled away, fearing he'd get up and chase after me. I cared about him, I really did, and I wanted to help as best as I could... But I also knew when I needed to leave. I trusted he wouldn't try it again, at least... Not soon. But with Murdoc, it'd never really predictable...

(Murdoc's POV)

I felt him lean in. Why did he have to be such a huggy little git. I really didn't want him touching me, but I wasn't expecting me to punch him, it just felt like instinct to hit him at this point. I wasn't used to people getting this close to me, or even wanting to. I really wasn't going to hit him, I honestly didn't want to. But I felt as though a punch now was better than me having a panic attack and trying to kill him later.

It's instinct, only instinct. I keep telling myself, it'll be fine... But I know it won't be.

I know it won't be fine, because it never is. It's never worked out for me, except for this band, and I'm not even sure that counts anymore. I'm not a success, they all come for 2D. And why wouldn't they! He's gorgeous, and plays and sings magnificently. And I'm... I'm an old song writer who refuses to give up, that's it.

And that's just it, I refuse to give up. And I'll die writing music if I have to, and I'm dragging the rest of them with me...
-----------------------

I know it's short, but trust me, it gets better!