Chapter 6

(2D's POV)

I haven't seen Murdoc in... How long has it been?

Two weeks, maybe.

I wasn't sure. There was no sunlight visible, even through the porthole. I couldn't tell if it was day or night. It could have been only three or so days and I honestly wouldn't know. It felt like so much longer with the waiting because I was dreading him showing up again.

I don't understand why I'm here anymore. We were done with the album as far as I knew. He didn't come to fuck me anymore. What was I good for anymore? He got what he needed, why couldn't he just let me go.

As if on cue, there was a knock at the door. I could only look up before the door was pulled open. Murdoc stood in the doorway, bottle in hand and a paper in the other.

"Follow me." Was all he said. Turning on his heel, he began to head towards the elevator to the upper floor. A moment passed of my trembling, too scared to stand, before another demand was yelled down the hall. "NOW!"

In a moment of panic I ran out the room and joined him in the small metal room. The doors closed with a ear-splitting scraping noise that Murdoc didn't seemed to be affected by.

The ride up was silent, aside from the continues scraping of metal and the hum of the mechanism while it moved upwards. I tried not to look directly at Murdoc, afraid he might say or do something if I did. It scared me just thinking about what might go on in that odd head of his. The paper he held was crumbled beyond belief and the words were so sloppily written it wasn't readable in any way. Like drunken rambles of a madman on paper that only he could read.

The elevator came to an abrupt stop at our floor, forcing me to fall. Murdoc didn't even look at me as he walked out the door, expecting me to follow once again. I picked myself off the floor slowly, feeling very unsafe in such an unstable box held by metal strings.

I stumbled my way into the recording studio after Mudz. I don't know if I was supposed to feel happy that I was finally out of that bleak, cold, basement, or to be scared that Murdoc had something planned for me.

"One last song, you know what to do," He said simply, shoving a different piece of paper into my hands before walking out the door. After a minute, I tried the handle.

Locked. Lovely.

The hell was I supposed to do? I wasn't given any further instructions on what to do, this isn't normally how it went. He normally stayed in the room with me. Showing me how to sing the given lines, yelling at my errors. I didn't even know if he had music for it or...

I noticed a few lights on the switchboard table. There was a sound file uploaded to one of the soundboards. I knew how to work most of the equipment, sure. I mean, I 've watched Mudz for a while now, I knew what buttons to press. Besides, he could always edit it later.

This was so weird! Why was I alone in this room? What was this about?

I looked down at the piece of paper in my hand. Like I thought, It was lyrics. I was used to getting notes on these pages, but this was ridiculous. The writing was so sloppy and rushed, and there were notes everywhere on the page. Alot where in different colors and some shit was highlighted. What the fuck!?

'Broken' was the name written on the top. Well, it wasn't the weirdest title on the album.

Oddly enough, after skimming the lines, the song seemed weirdly... sweet.

I did what I had to, to start the recording and music, singing when the note told me to step in and pausing for the given amount of beats written.

Distant stars

Come in black or red

I've seen their worlds

Inside my head

They connect

With the fall of man

They breathe you in

And dive as deep as they can

There's nothing you can do for them

They are the force between

When the sunlight is arising

There's nothing you can say to him

He is an outer heart

And the space has been broken

(What was this song supposed to be about?)

Broken

Our love

Broken

(Was this supposed to be about Murdoc? Who... Who hurt him?)

Is it far away in the

Glitter Freeze

Or in our eyes

Every time they leave

It's by the light

Of the plasma screens

We keep switched on

All through the night while we sleep

There's nothing you can do for them

They are the force between

When the sunlight is arising

There's nothing you can say to them

I am without a heart

And the space has been broken

(I wonder who had pushed him away...)

Broken

Our love

Broken

...

I wasn't sure what to think of this. I let the music finally fade out before stopping the recording.

What am I supposed to do now?