Better Than Words

Emily's POV

After that night, everything in my life flowed better. Mika's leg recovered very quickly. Too quickly. It was almost the end of the year. He would have to get back to touring the world with his band. I stared out the window from my bed. I felt depressed again. It hurt. Life would totally suck without Mika. What if he found another girl? Would forget about me? I need to talk to someone. But not Mika. No. I grabbed my phone and called Jessie.

"Hey girlie." she answered.

"Hi Jessie, can we talk? It's um important."

"Yeah yeah come over. And hurry I have a surprise for you too"

I drove over to her apartment. She opens the door with a smile.

"Hi Emily. Come in. " we sit on the couch and says, "Okay, so do you wanna talk first? Or do you wanna see the surprise?" Hmm. I wanted to see what she had for me.

"Surprise. " I said smiling for the first time this morning.

"Good choice. I'll be right back. " she ran to her room and came back with an envelope.

"Do NOT tell Mika that I gave this to you early. It's for your birthday but I wanted to surprise you with it. Open it open it" she pushed me gently. My birthday was December 28, I was really excited. I would be seventeen. Hopefully Mika would stop with all the "I'm too old for you." stuff that he always talks about. I rip open the envelope and see a plane ticket. I heart beats faster bi look at Jessie and she is smiling like a freak.

"What's this?" I ask jumping.

"Okay. Mika said that when he goes back on tour you can visit him anywhere in the world. It's a ticket that you can use any time and you can go anywhere you want. This way you can meet up with him on tour!" shes bouncing in her set like me.

"Oh my gosh. " I half whispered. I scream. I'm so excited.

"Emily you're very lucky. When he came by yesterday to drop this off, he told me that he probably won't make it without you. He really loves you Emily"

"I know. That's actually what I came to talk about. I was... afraid that he would forget about me. "

"He would never do that honey. I just know it. I can tell. I wouldn't let my baby date someone who would forget about a girl like you." Jessie hugged me.

"Thanks Jessie. " I smiled. We spent the rest of the day talking and laughing. Then I got a call from Mika.

"Hey. " I answer.

"Hello Emily. I wanted to tell you to go to Jessie's place. She has something from me. It's your birthday present. I can't see you today cuz I'm planning the rest of your surprise. But call me right when you open it kay love?"

"Haha okay Mika. I'll be at her place soon! Bye"

"Bye Emily" click. I looked at Jessie and burst out laughing. She laughed too. I waited for ten minutes and call him back.

"Hello?"

"MIKA! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE TICKET!!!! Oh my gosh thank you thank you thank you!"

I heard him laugh on the other side.

"I'm so happy that you like it. "

"Yeah of course I do!"

"Alright love, I see you tomorrow night at eight. Happy early birthday Emily."

"Thank you I love you Mika." I whispered into the phone.

"Love you more dear. Bye " he whispers back.

I tell Jessie what he said and we go to pick up some dinner at a Chinese restaurant. We drive there blasting Better Than Words in her car. We roll down the windows and scream every lyric.

"You drive me crazy! Someone like you always be my baby!"

I love Jessie. She's my sister. I'll probably move in with her when my parents kick me out at eighteen. I smiled when I looked at her going crazy. I love her so much. I thought about if she could ever meet the guy of her dreams like I did. I thought it would be impossible. But it happened. And he even loved me. What she met Louis and had a happy ending. I mean he's twenty two and she's twenty. It would be perfect. I sighed. My life is finally getting better. After so many years of being bullied and running home to hear Mika's voice tell me that I am golden... life is finally getting brighter. And better. And it all started with Mika. I can't even explain. I prayed every night for something good to happen. And it did. He's my guardian angel. The day I got my job and met Jessie; God was leading me in the right direction this whole time. I love life! Mika is the best thing I could have asked for. His love is my drug. I couldn't live without it. His love is... better than words.