Calstar - I missed this

Returning home felt surreal. Vik had been gone for so long, everything about it felt different. It didn't feel right anymore, Vik didn't let that stop him. He knew he had to do this, he had to see him. Just one last time.
Vik knew his hometown well, he easily navigated himself to the hospital and to the room his mother had told him to visit. Getting there was the easy part.

The hard part was going in there.

Facing him.

Vik and Cal had been best friends since before either of them could remember. No one really know why it had happened but when Vik left for university in London Cal didn't take it well. Once Vik was gone he rarely came back and when he did he didn't go to see Cal.

Vik regretted all of that now, he'd been young and scared, and hadn't thought for even a second that his time with Cal might be limited.

Before Vik could even get to the door Cal's mother stepped out of the room.
"Oh Vik sweetie!" She said gathering the small man into her arms. "I haven't seen you in ages, Cal will be so happy to see you" Vik frowned a little but said nothing. "He's been asking about you" Cal's mum added before turning and continuing down the hall away from Vik.

Cal said nothing when Vik stepped hesitantly into his hospital room. His brightly coloured eyes followed Vik as he walked hesitantly across the room and sat on the chair next to the bed.

"I've missed you" Vik said eventually.

Cal nodded sadly. "I've missed you too" Cal took a deep breath. "I'm not angry you know? I understand why you left"

"I should have come sooner, I should have known-" Vik started

"No Vik you shouldn't have, I made sure you didn't find out until I thought you might be ready" Cal explained. " I don't want to hurt you"

"Cal you're dying!" Vik shouted "and I have wasted years when I could have been here, with you"

"Don't think about that. What's done is done" Cal assured Vik as he held his hand out to the younger boy. "I'm just glad you're here. I was worried I wouldn't get to say goodbye"

"I love you Cal" Vik whimpered holding Cal's hand tightly in his.

"I know you do Vik" Cal said sadly "I don't deserve you"

"Nonsense, that's up to me not you. You deserve much better than the hand you've been dealt" Vik interrupted. He leant over to Cals face and pressed a chaste kiss the the older boys forehead.

Cal moved towards the touch, as he closed his eyes and smiled gently at Viks soft touch.

"I'm so glad I got to meet you Vik. You're gonna do great things" Cal told the younger boy confidently. "I've always loved you Vik"

Flamegaming123 requested Calstar a while ago. Sorry for the delay :)
This took waaaayyyy too long. I'm really sorry about that, ministar then minizerk next hopefully :)

Also I've got like six first paragraphs of oneshots that I can't seem to write which is reallllyyy annoying :(