Olivia

As my friend Emily sits on my bed while I search through my closet, picking out what I should wear on my date with Luke tonight. We've been dating for about three months and he finally decided to ask me out to dinner. I'm not allowed to know where we are going, but I have to dress somewhat fancy. I don't own any fancy clothes really. It's all very confusing.

I hold up two different dresses against my body and look at myself in the mirror. In my right hand I held a peach colored dress with lace for the bodice and it came just above my knees. In my left I held a royal blue strapless dress with a poofy skirt, with shimmery gold almost see-through flowers printed all over the dress. I then throw them both on the bed and myself on the bed, which I then lay there face down, mumbling into the bed how perfect I had to look for Luke tonight.

"Liv honestly if he can't handle you in track pants and a sweatshirt he doesn't deserve you in a stunning dress." She says holding the blue dress up to her own body. "Go with the orange one, it'll compliment your eyes better, and your hair will just look amazing with it."

I smile at her and nod, knowing she just wants the blue dress for herself. I strip down to my underwear and pull the dress over my head and neaten my hair. I turn around and look at Emily.

"So?"

She turns and drops the dress, staring at me in awe, her mouth wide open."Liv," her breath hitching. "You look absolutely stunning, if I was Luke I'd never look at another girl again." She walks over and gives me a hug.

I blush at her compliments and flatten the dress and make sure it fits perfectly around my body.

"Sit." She instructs and I do as I'm told and sit on the chair in front of her. She pins parts of my hair up and starts straightening it and then putting a fancy bow made from my hair and curls the 'ribbon' for the bow. She then carefully applies concealer and foundation on my face, closely followed by blush, eye shadow and eyeliner with mascara. Emily finishes off her hard work with applying lipstick and gloss to my lips.

"There, perfect." She says stepping back and taking in her masterpiece that is my face and hair.

"Thank you, Em, I love you." I smile wrapping my arms around her.

"Love you too, Liv, now, if he breaks your heart I'm going to cut his precious hair off and take his lip piercing away." She smiles looking out of my window, peeking out from the curtains. "Looks like Prince Charming is here," she closes the curtains and pushes me out the room smacking my butt. "I swear to God if he tries anything on you I'll label him a player and you can't ever see him again."

"Okay, whatever you say." I kiss her cheek and go down the hallway to the front door and open I just as he is about to knock. He's dressed in a pair of black skinny jeans and a pain white shirt with a black formal jacket over the top. Honestly if that was on any other guy I would say it looked completely stupid. But Luke makes it work, and he looks extremely good.

"Uh, hi." He mumbles.

"Hi." I smile.

"You look... wow... like, you look amazing..." He looks for the right words to say as he seems speechless.

"Thank you, so do you." I laugh.

He reaches for my hand. "Shall we?" The two words fall from his mouth awkwardly. I nod and he leads me to his car, being a gentleman and opening the door for me.

While I put my seat belt on, I watch his tall wide frame walk in front of the car, if I didn't know him the way I do, I would be terrified of him.

***