Luke

Two days until the wedding. Two days. I'm terrified. We are so determined to get married, I asked the dressmaker if she could visit us at the hospital. She happily agreed and when she arrives she said she only had to make the final alterations. She starts crying when she sees herself in the dress. I almost do as well. She looks like an angel. Absolutely stunning.

"Babe you look perfect..." I stand next to her holding her hand.

"No, we, look perfect." She says. I rub the arm that isn't in a cast and lean down and kiss her softly.

Even though I had told my mum to keep Vanessa away, she showed up while the dress was getting altered.

"Why are you here, Lucas? You shouldn't see your fiance in her dress until the day." She says angrily.

"Well I'm sorry, but she can't stand by herself for this long. So I'm hereto help her."

"Why didn't you call me then?" Vanessa demands.

"Mom, stop. I wanted him here. I wanted him to hold my hand and wipe my tears." Olivia says.

Vanessa stops talking and sits in the corner of the room on her phone. When the time comes, we help Olivia out of the dress and back into her bed, where she falls asleep pretty much straight away. I show the dressmaker out and when I get back, Vanessa is on the phone yelling into the speaker while Olivia is in the bed crying.

I tell Vanessa if she can't be quiet I'll call security on her. She storms out of the room, leaving Olivia in tears.

"What happened?" I rush over to my soon-to-be wife and hold her hands in mine. Her face is blotchy and tear stained, and very, very tired.

"Mom yelled at me for asking you to help with my dress and not her. She is calling the airport and asking for the next flight home. She wants to take me with her, she's asking for two tickets Luke. I don't care anymore, Luke, I don't care, I want her out, I don't want her at our wedding. I want her gone. I don't want to go I need to stay here." She says through gritted teeth and eyes that were once green, now clouded over and grey, shooting daggers through the door.

I nod at her and kiss her head in an attempt to calm her down. If her heart rate rises any more, the nurses will come in wondering if she's having a heart attack.

"I promise you, sweetheart, she will not come here again. She will not bother us anymore. I swear on my life." I whisper, looking deep into her eyes, watching them slowly change back to green as she calms down.