Luke

I glance over at the clock.

"It's one am babe, you need to sleep." I whisper into my girlfriends hand before kissing it softly.

Olivia had been awake for about an hour now, it's the longest she's been able to keep her eyes open.

"I'm not tired though Lukey..." she whines softly. My heart breaks hearing her voice. Its like she has no life anymore. Even her voice is broken.

"Sweetheart, you have to... you need to so you can make yourself better." I say lying down on the spare bed the nurses bought in for me. I put the railings between us down and gently wrap my arms around her.

"But I.. d-don't wa-want to-oooooo," she wails. "I-I don-don't want to sl-eeeeeee-eep. I m-mi-iss you too much when I sleep." She hiccups and begins to sob and my heart explodes into a million pieces. I kiss her forehead and squeeze her hand.

"Baby, I promise you I'm not going anywhere... I promise I won't leave your side. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me. You are the love of my life and I will never find anybody as amazing as you, ever." I whisper into her hair.

I hear her sobbing come to a slow stop, and her eyes fall shut. I panic fora moment, but I know she's just sleeping when I see her chest rise and fall slowly.

When I know she's fully asleep, I let go. I try so hard to keep it together.I need to keep it together. For her. I need to be strong enough for the both of us. But I can't. I feel like every fiber of my body is broken. I just want her to be okay. As I lay with my beautiful fiance in my arms, I cry into her flattened brunette hair and drift into sleep.

***A.N***

FUN FACT: this book makes me sad. i cried writing it

~A