Chapter Two

Jem and I trundled out to Katya's bright yellow mini. Katya and Katie were waiting for us, Katya was revving the engine.

'Hurry up guys!! We have to get there quick!!!' Katya screamed at Jem and I from her window. That girl was always shouting for one thing or another. She was bossy, but she was organised, the complete opposite of me.  That's why we go well together. 

She too had long brown hair, but hers was wavy. It reached to half-way down her back. Her skin tone was a deep olive, her large doe eyes always sparkled and her lips were full. 

'Why do we need to rush? We already have the front row, It's not like we will have to elbow our way through.' Katie chuckled at Katya's outburst. Katie was blonde and beautiful. She was naturally slim with short blonde hair. Her blue eyes were always accentuated with her make-up, making them pop. She had a bouncy personality, always laughing and smiling. 

'Well, I want to be the first one there when they open the gates!' Katya accelerated away as soon as Jem had shut the door.

'Hey, where's Elle? I thought she was coming?' I asked, looking round for my best girl friend. 

'Oh, she said she would meet us there, something bout her mum?' The four of us looked down, sadness gripping us all. Mrs Jamieson was our second mum, she was the one we always ran too, and she was dieing of cancer. We all had hope though, she was a strong, beautiful woman. Plus she had all of us there for her too, for whatever she needed. We knew she would pull through, she had to. 

We stayed quiet for the rest of the journey, though by the time we saw Elle smiling at us, everyone had perked up. I was suspicious though. Elle was my best friend, I knew when things were wrong. 

We all jumped out of the car and ran to Elle. I sauntered up and held my arms out. 

'Me and Elle will go get drinks. What do you all want?' The girls placed their order and Elle and I searched for a drinks vendor. As soon as I couldnt see the others I pulled Elle into a hug.

'How's she doing babe?' I asked sympathetically. Tears slowly started to drip down Elle's face. I gently ran my thumbs over her cheeks, swiping the salt water away. 

'She's ok, she just had a violent asthma attack. The doctors say that her asthma is an obstacle to getting rid of the tumour. They say it makes things even more difficult, but they are promising me and dad that they wont give up. I'm grateful to them, they're doing everything they can.'

'Uh-huh and honey, you know you don't need to stay strong around all us girls, especially not around me, ok?' I pulled her to me again. 'Now, come on, we will go get drinks and I want to show you something.'

I gripped her hand in my own and started running, we passed all the stands selling One Direction merchandise and around the back of the main building, where I spotted a stage door.

'Hannah, no, we can't!!' Elle was shocked.

'I just want to see him, Elle. I just need to see him, away from the others.' She nodded reluctantly.

We both stood with our backs against the wall, the summer breeze blowing through our hair. Well, mine. Elle had her beautiful blonde hair in a perfect side chignon, every single strand was in place and not even the wind could ruin that.

After about five minutes, a black SUV arrived. Butterflies began to fly freely in my stomach and I gripped Elle's arm tightly. 

Here goes nothing..