"Where have you been?!?"

-Hey El, you still awake?
-I hope you are because if not then I'm a jerk for waking you up.

Message received from Oli at 12:34 a.m.

-Okay so I know you're reading my messages. Knowing you you're probably ignoring them to annoy me.
-Okay! Please respond.

Message received from Oli at 12:35

-I'm up. Do you still wanna meet?

Message sent to Oli at 12:35 a.m.

-Yeah... I'll see you there in ten minutes.

Message sent to Oli at 12:36 a.m.

/////////////////////////////

I pulled on Oliver's hoodie as I double checked to see if Morgan was still sleeping. No one knows how me and Oliver meet, it's not like we do anything bad... we just talk. About life. I walked up the hill passing the old abandoned houses until I found the little pink one on the corner.

I opened the white picket fence and locked it behind me. I looked around making sure no one was around, that is until I heard a twig snap. I quickly pulled out my pocket knife my dad made me carry with me.

I walked towards the sound of the noise shakily holding out the knife.

I heard the noise again and a strong arm wrapped around my waist picking me up and spinning me around, "Are you kidding me Oliver?!" I pressed my hand to my chest to try and calm the erratic beatings of my heart. "I could have killed you!" I sighed at his laughter and folded up the knife.

I followed him up the treehouse ladder closing the wooden door behind me. As soon as I turned around I was pushed up against the door with Oliver's body pressing on mine, "You know.. you're kind of hot when you're scared and definitely while wearing my hoodie." I felt my breath catch as I looked into his deep brown eyes, his hot breath blowing on my lips.

"I-I... where we-were you t-tonight?" He froze as he pushed off of me and sat down on the brown couch. "Does it matter?"

I was taken back by how rude he became, "I-I... well no. I just asked you a question, you don't have to snap at me." I moved to sit beside him, "I know El, I'm sorry. I just had a shit-" He cut himself off with a cough before he could finish, "bad night."

I nudged him with my shoulder, "You know you can cuss in front of me right?" I know he cusses but he has never cussed in front of me. Ever.

He chuckled nudging me back, "Why would I spoil your innocence for you? I love your innocence." I blushed looking down letting my hair fall in my face. I felt his hand put it back behind my ear, "You're beautiful... You know that?"

My face became redder as I hit him on the arm, "Stop it! Do you want to tell me about your night?" His expression became sour as he shook his head, "No, but you can tell me about yours."

I yawned laying down on the couch with my head in his lap. He smiled down at me running his hands through my hair. "I've always loved how soft your hair is." I smiled back at him closing my eyes, "Keep doing that... it feels good." He chuckled as he continued to massage my hair. "Morgan asked about us again tonight." He came to a stop for a second before he continued, "What'd you say?"

"The same thing I always tell her... we're just friends. She knows how close we are. Everyone does. I just feel like she is starting to doubt what I'm saying." I opened my eyes to find him staring down at me, "What?" I was able to choke out under his intense gaze, "Just stay there."