"You look beautiful"

Nash Grier (AKA Nate) in the media bar

Olivers POV

"How did you get your mom to agree to let you go on this date anyway?" I watched as she paced around the room pulling on a jacket around her camisole shirt she was wearing.

"My dad ended up telling my mom that he was the one who let me go to the party and the one who gave me money to buy a dress. She knew that tonight was really important to me, so she let me. How do I look?" She sighed huffing air out of her mouth. I chuckled laying back on her bed, "Just like I told you on the last outfit you tried on and the one before that. You look amazing." Her cheeks reddened as she looked down at her clothes.

"I have one more to try... do you mind?" I sighed shaking my head. "I'm just going to get changed in here... is that okay?" She stuttered as she asked me

"I-I... sure." I looked down at my lap to give her some privacy.  "I-I'll be outside."

I sighed standing up and walked out her door.

It bugs the hell out of me that she is going on this date tonight. The worst part is that I don't understand why it bothers me. It shouldn't! She's my best friend and nothing more.

"O-Oliver!" she yelled from inside her room.

I slowly opened her door to find her bare back facing me. She had her hair pulled to the side as she glanced back at me, "H-Hey. So-sorry. I can't zip myself up. Do you think... Do you think that- never mind. I'm sorry. "

I was definitely in shock. I mean, here she was in a beautiful dress looking at me all innocent with her back completely bare.

"N-No!" Calm down Oliver!  "I-I mean, I will do it." She nodded letting out a shaky breath.

My fingers reached the cold zipper, I gently pulled it up having the tips of my finger brush her back. I felt her tense but she did nothing to stop me. I reached to clip the top of her dress slightly pushing myself against her on accident.

"Oliver." She gasped slightly as I trailed my hands over her waist and back. "Stella." My voice was raw and scratchy.

She turned to meet my eyes making her brown ones widen.

Oh shit! Shit! No. No. Please tell me this is not happening.

I felt her tense in my arms again before her eyes drifted down towards the bottom of my body where my excitement for her was showing.

"Stella..." My voice died. I didn't know what to say. There was nothing to say. I met her eyes again and I saw something flicker in them. I started to lean in. Our lips were inches apart when we heard a throat clear at the door.

I instantly stepped back to see her dad.
I looked over at Stella who's cheeks were bright red.

Her dad stood there leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed over his chest. "Nate is here. He's been waiting downstairs for quite a while. I had to have a talk with him."

I let a scowl take over my features at the mention of Nate's name. "Dad! Why didn't you tell me? What did you say to him?!?" Stella groaned walking towards the door.

His eyes shot to mine then back to hers. "All I said was some things that I may need to say to Oliver." Stella's eyes along with mine widened. "Have fun on your date Stella."

Her eyes met mine again with a small smile on her lips she asked me, "How do I look?"

"Beautiful. You look beautiful." I chuckled watching her red face.