-The Journey Continues-

Chapter 10 

After leaving Palace, they regain their strengths and assure their confidence as demandingly, their survival instincts quickly developed. Able to move around Names, they steered. Wisely maneuvering around tracks, they creep clear from any raptors. After weeks of avoiding dangerous encounters, they finally find themselves in a peaceful state of mind; out of the jungle’s edge and into a wide and open clearing.

The beautiful morning shines through the tall yellow brush as they all stop from walking to take in the view. They easily relax their sights as they were only accustomed to seeing a few feet in front of them at a time through the thicket of trees.

“Com’on you guys, this is a good early start.” Adam quickly encourages as they begin to gracefully sway into the field to cross the distance. Several minutes into their walk, Susie begins to repeatedly scratch her sides with frustration.

“All this brush is tickling my sides!”

“It doesn’t bother me none.” Jenifer smiles at Susie. Susie looks up at Jenifer with an obvious glare.

“Well yeah, you have legs.” Susie points out Jenifer’s taller stature. Quin pulls out a long cloth bandana from his pouch and wraps it around Susie’s exposed waist and stomach to keep the brush from tickling her sides. Quin pulls a second one out for Alicia but Harvey stops him.

“Alicia’s not ticklish.” Harvey says almost angry towards Alicia. Confused, Quin looks to Susie for an explanation.

“Alicia pretended to be ticklish the first year they met.” Susie says as she finds it impossible to whisper in the silent field. Alicia turns around to whisper her case to Quin.

“He just looked so cute trying to tickle me, I just couldn’t ruin that for him.” Alicia tries to explain.

“You still could have told me.” Harvey says under his breath as Jenifer can’t help but chuckle. Alicia turns to face Harvey, ready with a smile.

“I did… just a year later.” She smiles bigger as Harvey shakes his head with his own smile towards another direction. Alicia leaves Harvey’s side and walks ahead to accompany Adam. Adam hears Alicia coming and readies himself for her chatter as he continues to study the map held out in front of him.

“Can I see the map?” Alicia asks in boredom.

“No.” Adam quickly replies. Alicia stares at Adam’s eyes and follows his sight as she lands it on the map.

“What are you looking for?” She questions him.

“The satellite view option.” Adam tells her to add confusion.

“Oh…” Alicia pauses to think about his answer but ignores it to change the subject. “Do you wana hear what I dreamt last night?!” She asks in excitement.

No, I mean, not now… save it for tonight, I need to concentrate right now.” Adam scolds as Alicia pouts and slows her pace to again walk near Harvey. Harvey put’s his arm around her.

“He’s just studding the map until we can make a copy, right?” Harvey questions while comforting Alicia from his scolding. Adam stays quiet as he realizes an inscribed message in the map. Adam holds the map close to his face then pulls it back at a normal distance. Surprised to see any form of literature, Adam turns around to look for Jenifer. Taking high Steps through the tall brush, Adam quickly runs in front of Quin and Susie to get to Jenifer with a smile. Jenifer pulls back to Adam’s awkward excitement as he quickly explains himself.