-Palenque-

Chapter 16 

Waiting for Harvey and Alicia to return, Adam stands to his feet and begins to stretch. 

"Ok guys, that was a long break. Let's try and cover another thirty minutes before we set camp." Everyone gets up to Adam's order except for Sky who is already on his feet. 

Again they move down the trail as there walk can only be enjoyed with thorough conversation from Sky. 

"Ok Sky, I have a question." Says Susie as she readies her words. Sky abruptly stops them all from walking before Susie can get a word out. 

"Wait here." Sky shows them the inside of his palm as he takes a few steps forward. He steps forward onto the path leading to the thicker trees up ahead. 

"What is it, Sky?" Adam Questions softly as he gets no reply. Sky takes in a breath and closes his eyes; he quickly opens them to two whistling spears racing out of the trees in front of him and shooting straight for his head. 

"Sky!" Sky quickly moves aside and grabs the first spear with his right hand reached across his chest. With the momentum of the spear caught in his right hand, Sky spins his body with his left foot high in the air. His left foot spins around to intercept the second spear by stomping it to the ground while snapping it in two. Sky yells orders behind him as the broken spear splinters into the air. 

"Gather behind me and plant your feet!" They all quickly obey as two giant spears pull a net across the sky, ready to cover them from above. Sky spins the spear in his hand and stabs it into the dirt with a knee of his own. Sky sends a shock wave in all directions from his body as the others struggle to hold their ground. Before the net has a chance to fall, it gets thrown into the tree tops behind them. Instantly Names rush out of the trees with machetes and battle cries. Everyone pulls out their weapons but to no affair as Sky stands to blast them back into the forest. From left to right Sky fends the Names back with a visible force of energy omitting from his palms. Wave after wave of Names keep charging as Sky weakens and falls to both knees. 

"Ok! That'll do boys! He's gone soft now!" They turn around to Raven's raspy voice behind them. "Now drop your weapons or the blue one gets it!" Raven stands tall holding a crossbow with his left hand as it rests on the stump of his right. Behind Raven is a small platoon of archers. "You can't all play catch now can you?" They drop their weapons as Sky again stands to his feet. He looks at Raven but then continues to look past him and past the Names standing behind him as well. Sky continues to stare through the trees far behind Raven and his army to see Alicia and Harvey watching in terror. Sky nods his head and complies to keep them unnoticed. They all lower their arms and begin to get escorted by Raven's crossbow.

________

"Harvey, we have to do something!" Alicia says while they helplessly watch the Names take their captured friends. 

"Come on, they're moving them that way." Harvey tells her as they desperately follow the Names. They keep their distance but follow them through the dark forest of trees and back to a camp three times the size of the camp Harvey last remembered. 

"Harvey, I think we're near the Mayan cities." Alicia tells Harvey with a hint of an idea.

"What are you suggesting?" Harvey questions. 

"We can't do this alone." Alicia tells him. "We can warn the city and get the help we need!" Harvey turns to look at Alicia as the Names take their friends deeper into the camp and out of sight.