-Silhouette-

Chapter 14

Flying dirt ricochets off of Harvey’s face as it wakes him to a morning sun.

“Oh sorry, Harvey.” Harvey sits up to Alicia’s apology as he wipes the dirt off his face. Through his morning eyes Harvey sees Alicia stomping and smothering the dirt ground beside him with her feet.

“What’re you doing?” Harvey asks as Alicia takes a second before answering him.

“There were ants.” She explains as Harvey stands up to stretch and dust himself off of the ground. He looks to his right to see everyone around a tiny fire, heating up water in the only pot they carried. Using the same coffee beans for quite some time now leaves them doubting the coffee will taste any better than it has before; a kind welcoming gesture to their new friend, Harvey assumes as he instantly looks for Sky hoping it wasn’t all just a dream. He makes his way to the others beside Alicia to share the morning and to question Sky’s whereabouts but before able to say a single word, Sky startles him from behind with his soothing yet punctual manner of speaking.

“May I be of assistance to providing your breakfast?” Sky asks them. “That is, if you don’t mind chevon for your morning meal?” Adam looks to Jenifer as he usually does for her education.

“Chevon-” Jenifer has heard this before; she turns to question Sky. “Goat meat?” Sky agrees with a nod of his head as Adam stands to his feet.

“Goat meat?! Where?” Adam gets excited as Jenifer quickly breaks him down.

“Adam, even if you get close with the proper footing, they’ll hear you coming a mile away.” Jenifer reminds him. Adam lowers his shoulders and turns his attention to Sky.

“You any good at hunting?” Adam questions while handing his spear over to Sky. Sky takes the spear and smiles to see it in his hand; he hands the spear back to Adam.

“Come with me.” Sky tells them as he begins to walk out of their camp ground with Adam behind him. Everyone drops what they were doing and quickly follow them to observe.

Continuing through the narrow trail, Sky leads them to the end where the trail begins to descend down and behind the dark mountain. He stops and points down in the distance where the rocks are unreachable. There they see the front side of a goat pulling weeds behind rocks standing several yards away. Adam shakes his head while doubting himself but raises his spear and readies to throw the distance. Sky looks at Adam and lowers the spear in his hand.

“Wait here.” Sky tells him as he has them all wait where they stand while he makes his way back towards their campground. Everyone looks at each other as Sky continues to walk away from them; before he gets too far, Sky stops and turns around to again face them. He starts to walk back towards them as he slowly begins to run; excelling his speed he runs faster as they realize he does not plan on stopping anytime soon.

“What’s he doing? He’s not gona-” Sky passes Susie with stomping feet as she holds her question with her hair swishing across her face. Sky takes a single leap and in real time slow motion, he gently twists in the air and gracefully lands above the goat with a leg on each side. Before the goat even knows it’s under attack, they watch Sky’s right hand cross over the left side of the goat’s face; grabbing the snout of the goat, Sky pulls it while twisting its head completely around. Everyone stares in astonishment at how quickly it was over. Sky places his hand on the dead goat’s head; he closes his eyes and begins to say a few words in his language. Shortly thereafter, he throws the carcass on his back with a single arm and rock after rock, he gracefully leaps back to the others.

“You cease to amaze us.” Jenifer says with him landing next to her. Sky hands the Goat to Quin standing nearby as he too shows his excitement.

“That was incredible! It’s like you controlled gravity!” Sky and the others start to head back as Sky attempts to educate them on his abilities.