00:02

grace

i left the coffee shop rushing back home in the cold that fall seemed to bring to new jersey.

i pushed my hands in my pockets cuddling myself into my jacket as i walked into the rather large house greeted by the smell of chocolate chip cookies baking.

"mom i'm home." i called out hearing a reply from the kitchen.

"hey sweetie." my mom said planting a kiss on my forehead.

"i'm going to finish unpacking." i said as she nodded in response.

i darted up the stairs walking into my inviting room that didn't have much placed in it yet.

all that was there was a desk, dresser, nightstand and my bed with my white comforter on top of it.

i grabbed the boxes setting them onto my bed as i opened them.

i put my paints, brushes, sketch books and all my art stuff onto my desk.

i unloaded all my clothes into my dresser and then taking my shirts to the closet hanging them up nicely.

i set up my old decor that was previously set up on my desk back onto it.

i walked to my night stand placing a picture of me and my best friend whitney.

i already miss her.

i walked over to my bathroom where the mirror was.

i started to set out all my makeup onto the counter then putting my irons and hair products into the drawer.

i walked back to one of the boxes pulling out a ziplock bag that contained seven shiny razors i haven't dared to touch in 3 months.

i gave it one more glance then shoved the ziplock bag into the very bottom drawer.

"grace honey the cookies are ready." my mom yelled to me.

"be down in a sec." i called back to her.

i turned to see my almost finished room before closing the door and running down the stairs.

i rushed into the kitchen grabbing cookies and shoving them into my mouth.

"save some for the neighbors." mom said laughing as i stared at her.

"what." i said causing cookie crumbs to fly out of my mouth.

"you're going to take some cookies to the neighbors and meet them." she said smiling at me like it was good news.

"do i have to?" i asked managing to get the cookies down.

"yes grace." mom said as i groaned in annoyance.

"here." she said handing me a plate of cookies with saran wrap surrounding them.

"right now?" i asked her rolling my eyes.

"go." mom simply said as i commanded walking out the front door.

i first visited an elderly couple who were very kind.

the next house was a stay at home mom with three kids ages one, six and seventeen.

i then went to a house of what appeared to be a single father with a thirteen year old daughter.

i walked along the long paved pathway leading up to a bigger than large house.

i stood in awe with my jaw dropped at how massive the house was.

i approached the door giving it a light knock as a young girl who looked in her late teens to early twenties opened the door.

"hi i'm grace." i said with a fake smile.

"oh so you're the new neighbor?" she asked as i nodded my head.

"well i'm cameron." she said smiling holding her hand out for me to shake.

"the rest of my family is out right now but maybe you can come by and meet them another day or later today." cameron as i nodded.

"bye grace."

"bye cameron." i said turning around giving a small wave.

i wiped the smile off my face as i walked on the paved pathway back to my house.

when i opened the door my mom immediately asked me how it was.

"i don't like people." i said as i followed the stairs back up to my bedroom.

i flopped onto my bed as i closed my eyes soon blacking out.
*
*
*
*
yo peeps

i just want food

asap