00:12

11:30

grace

the bell rang interrupting lauren and i from our conversation but i don't mind since it was the bell signaling it was time for lunch.

we gathered our heavy books that made our arms and backs hurt walking out of the photography room returning to our previous conversation.

"so your favorite color is blue?" i asked lauren as she responded nodding," and yours is purple?" she asked as i nodded giving the same response she did.

we entered the cafeteria looking around for a spot to sit down at so we could enjoy our lunch and continue learning more interesting facts about each other.

"i usually sit with them." she told me pointing towards a group of preppy looking girls," but you don't have to sit with us if you don't want to." lauren said looking down at her feet.

i really didn't want to get associated with the girls sat at the lunch table but i wanted to be friends with lauren who appears to be the complete opposite from the overly thrilled girls.

"it's okay, lets go sit." i told her with a fake smile plastered onto my face while she gained a real smile.

we walked to the table where lauren was greeted kindly by the four girls, each one with some sort of pink or bright color incorporated into their outfit, unlike me who was greeted by looks of disgust.

"hey lauren." one girl said as she looked me up and down," who's your friend?" she said with an unpleasant tone taking over her voice.

"this is grace." she told them looking at me with a smile still placed on her face.

one girl with light blonde hair looked under the table and laughed; i already know she is looking at the beat up old converse placed on my feet while shiny wedges are on hers.

"i'm going to go get my lunch out of my car." i said once again with a "smile."

"don't be long." lauren said giving me a reassuring wave before i headed off to the parking lot where my nonexistent car was parked.

i walked past the parking lot and off of the school grounds until i reached my house and threw my back pack onto the carpeted living room floor.

i flopped onto the couch lying face down as tears slowly slipped out of my eyes, staining the pillow my face was on with little black dots of mascara that trickled off of my eyelashes.

the thought of how badly this pillow is going to be stained vanished when i felt my phone buzz in my pocket.

lauren: you've been gone for like fifteen minutes where are you?

grace: i feel sick so i decided to come home

lauren: oh i'm sorry :( hope to see you tomorrow xx

grace: it's okay and same here :)

i set my phone down onto the couch next to me as i placed my hands over my eyes smearing my makeup even more while continuing to let out sobs echoing throughout the empty house.

minutes have passed and i'm still laying on the couch tears still spilling out onto my face; i hear my phone go off with the annoying beeping it lets out every time i get a notification and i feel the constant vibrating on my thigh.

"hello" i say into the phone trying to sound like i haven't been crying.

"what's wrong?" by the voice i can tell it's grayson.

"you calling me is making my day worse." i tell him as he lets out a slight chuckle.

"i'm coming over."

"n-" i begin to say no but he already hung the phone up causing me to let out a sigh.

i can't tell if i'm happy or terrified he is coming to see me; i don't care to change my appearance because he has seen me looking like a train wreck before.

with time passing quickly i hear a knock at the door as i get up to answer it.

with knowing it's grayson standing on the other side of the hard wood door i start to wonder "is this a good idea?"

"how bad could letting him in really be?"

i opened the door and looked up so we would make eye contact.

"hi." he said to me as i wrapped my hand around the ledge of the door looking down at my feet.

"hey." i said quietly as he walked in shutting the door behind himself.

i didn't want to show that i was in a weak spot in front of him, as if my makeup wasn't already a dead give away, but i'm desperate for some kind of affection.

"how about we watch a movie?" grayson asked breaking the silence between us as i just gave a weak nod.

we headed up the stairs walking into my room with the only source of light being the sunlight shining through the closed blinds sheltering my window and dim fairy lights strung on the wall.

grayson took a seat on the bed causing the mattress to dip where he sat as i turned my tv on sliding myself onto the bed next to him.

after thirty minutes of watching the television awkwardly grayson once again broke the silence between us,"why did you leave school?"

"i just wasn't feeling good so my mom said i could come home." i spoke to him as he let out a muffled laugh; i realize how stupid and unbelievable that lie is since my face has multiple black tear streaks.

"really?" grayson asked as i nodded.

"i know you're lying to me grace, you always do that cute nose scrunch when you lie." he said to me as i swung my feet back and forth.

he knows me all to well; it's almost like he wrote down all these facts he collected about me and studied them repeatedly until they were burned into his memory.

he furrowed his dark eyebrows and crosses his arms lazily,"what really happened?"

"people are just mean." i said to him as he grew a look of sadness and regret.

he scooted closer in my direction trying to look at my eyes but i avoided the contact,"people like me?"

"people like you."
*
*
*
*
I DIDNT STYLE MY BANGS TODAY AND I LOOK LIKE A PEACOCK ENOIEJBQJhJjwjwbanJRPOQNA