A Cappuccino!

Two  weeks of working at her mom's cafe really helped Erin to cope up with her life. She  could now talk effortlessly,smile through out her day ,remember her father without crying and surprisingly crack jokes at times. However as the quote goes "behind this big smile ,is an empty heart with no expectations"is well applied to Erin. Maybe she was overcoming her grief?Maybe she was ready to face the  world?Maybe  she was gearing  up to fulfill her dream?but how?who would  help  her?                                         

The main question was -" Who would be her soulmate?"

That day 19th of May 1981,

Erin, like other days entered the "He,brews"cafe  at sharp 5 AM with her mom. It was cold outside ,so Erin fired up the fireplace of their old cafe . 

The "He,brews"cafe has a very important place in Erin's  heart . When she was a girl of seven years this cafe was inaugurated . Her father had brought it from  the Patricks who were the owners of this land . Lauren,Erin's mom had a wish to start a cafe at that time , just to spend her days fruitfully. At that time it was just a passion for Lauren,now it was a necessity to survive for the Brown family.Erin thought with her eyes fixed on the flames of fire.

"Errie ,come here help me adjusting the tables"her mom  shook her out of her day dream        
"yes,mom !!! "                                                                                                                                                                    

"Erin,its 6 am, put the open sign on the door and come in to the kitchen"

Erin followed her mom till the kitchen, and helped her in preparing all the ingredients necessary,she boiled the milk ,cleaned the coffee machine,baked the doughnuts ,fried the croissants and kept the hot chocolates ready,she went out and wiped the fog out of her window ,opened the counter and the cafe was ready for the day,the clock was ticking 7:30.

Guests started coming,Erin and her mom soon got busy in making coffee ,serving their customers,noting orders and collecting payments.That day they were extra busy because their cashier and the waiter didn't show up.
Clock ticked,Erin without stopping just worked on.Such kind of pressure fascinated her because there was no time to think about anything else,her full concentration was in the cup of coffee she was serving!!

Soon,the morning passed and the cafe closed down for lunch .
Erin and her mom were walking back to her apartment for lunch ,after a tiring morning!!

"Errie I am glad that you are working with me" Lauren was smiling
"Ya ,mom I am happy too, finally I am doing something effective after wasting seven months''
"Yes,my daughter"

They had a hearty lunch at their home.Hearty- not because they had a lot of food ,but because after ages Erin
and her Mom lunched together!!'

The cafe reopened ,after two hours of break. Erin was there again, cooking ,serving , taking orders , collecting tips and starting all over again.
Lauren was really pleased seeing her daughter managing the cafe so well,she now only wished that her daughter would meet someone whom she could love like her father..

The day was almost ending, Erin was going to put the close tag on the door.It was already 9:30.They really had a good sale that day .
A man with an Adidas bag,puma shirt and a black jeans ran  in through the door of the cafe

"Sorry,Sir we are closing for today "Erin politely said.

The man without reply just stared at her,

Erin felt a bit awkward at his staring.

Seeing her getting uneasy ,he looked down
"Umm, sorry miss but I really want a cup of hot coffee"

Lauren came out of her kitchen and "Steven! so long,you said you would come regularly?I was waiting""

"Sorry,Lauren but Lyon university was having their semester exams ,so I couldn't visit you!!"

"Steven" Erin thought.."is he the boy , Helen was talking about,Drake's co-player , Lyon university won because of him???? "Erin was in a deep thought.

"Can you please take my order"Steven asked Erin who was dreaming.

"Excuse me!!"

"Umm,Ya ,oh sorry sir, your orders?"

" A cappuccino please!!"

"Sure,sir".

Erin prepared a really good cup of cappuccino and served it

"Yum,this is really good!!" Steven said

"Thank you sir"

"Not,sir call me Steven and you!!"

"OK,sir...er. no Steven, I am Erin, Lauren's daughter"

"Oh,Erin that's a sweet name ?"

Errie blushed,for the first time in seven months.

"Thank you Steven!!"

They were laughing , smiling,sharing their knowledge about coffee!!

There were two souls,lost in their past!

After finishing his coffee,Steven waved goodbye to Lauren and his new friend Erin ,he promised to visit again the next day l.

Erin was feeling something she never felt before ,a sense of excitement and nervousness .
She after so long,longed for the next day to come.

Reaching home, she happily ate her dinner with her mom and jumped into  her bed smiling.

***plz don't forget to vote***