Revenge

My heart broke but I have some glue, help me inhale and mend it with you"

Stevens POV:

I really had to behave as a dork last night to make Erin laugh.She was so terribly broken and sad that I couldn't even hold my tears back.I honestly don't know why I feel so strongly about her.Maybe its her eyes,laugh or maybe its her tears that moved me from within.I have had hundreds of girls trying to make a pass at me,all with their fake eyelashes and micro miniskirts throwing their wax like bodies at me .But these girls only remind me of my mom,who left me deserted and lonely just to be with someone else.That phase of my life had handicapped my feelings .Those feeling which now I only feel around Erin.

I had to talk to my dad about the Petriks, he knows them well .Both of them were partners in many business deal,often attending meetings all over the world.Just last week they returned from a three day business trip to Spain.The Petriks had a worldwide business.With multiple malls ,theaters and star hotels scattered in different parts of the world. They were planning to open a mall cum hotel in Spain for which the meeting was held. My Dad had a business on interior designing and furniture,all the top hotels in America mostly preferred our design . We were well off than most people around us, 35% of our earnings supported two orphanages and three old age homes.My father never believed in stacking up money,he was a God fearing man and believed "service to mankind,is service to God". I fully supported in that decision.Everyone always said "Mr Petriks had the money,while Mr Collins had the brain" I agreed too,my father had won many deals with his intellect.

My thoughts shifted back to Erin and her mom Lauren ,the scars he had on her arms and face."God ,she must have been so brutally beaten up,yet she had the courage to live through all of that.Mr Petriks was a very influential man with so many star hotels whereas Lauren just has a small cafe at the corne .Why is he so determined to get that cafe ???"this puzzled Steve even more.

He had spend the last night at Erins place,comforting and by just being with her. It was 6 am when he left and reached his home.He had become a bit irregular at his college in the past few weeks and also didn't contact his friends.Drake and John would beat him to death he thought. He was second year at college with a large streak of fan following ,a star soccer player and a guitarist. He was everything a girl would want in a guy.He knew he would soon finish his business and marketing degree to help his father and also Mr Petriks at work.He had to keep it as a secret from Erin, otherwise she would flip out for sure and refuse to see me all her life.

He quickly dialed Drake's number.

"Hello"

"Hi Drake,it's Steve"

"Steve? Who Steve?

"Don't be a ass,Steve Collins,your mate?"

"Sorry mister,firstly its 'an ass ' and I remember coming back from 'my mate Steve Collins' funeral just yesterday, are u calling from hell? cause that is where you should be!"

Steve bit his tongue,"Damn ! Sorry mate was having a rough time, didn't catch up with you guys .'

"Really, a rough time?I knew it already .Read about it in the paper cause that's is only the way I can BE UPDATED ABOUT YOU."

I knew he was being sarcastic , but I allowed him to be. I deserved it I thought.

"Sorry pal,can we talk in college now,I am really tired, will see you guys at 9 "

"You know very well that we won't allow you to scot free without any price right?"

"Right master ,whatever you say !"Steve flinged his phone at his bed and collapsed on it.