Labels

{Andre's POV}

"Damn it," I muttered under my breath as I scrolled through my mentions. Tweet after tweet after tweet. How could I have been so stupid? Eventually, I threw my phone to the other side of the couch, huffing as I ran my hand through my hair. Suddenly, I heard someone walking down the hallway. Tom slowly appeared, yawning and scratching the top of his head.

"Shit Burks, why do you look so angry at 8 in the morning?"

"I fucked up," I sighed, my head falling into my hands.

"What'd you do this time?" Tom teased, sitting down at my feet.

"Someone took a pic of me and Mallory making out after practice the other day and then posted it on Twitter. Now my mentions are blowing up".

"And? Just ignore it bro," Tom suggested.

"I've tried. But I didn't want our relationship to go public like that".

"Why not? You've been together for the past like three months. What's the big deal?"

"You know how some of the fans can get. You post pics of your girlfriend and they all lose their minds. Then they say some awful things..." I trailed off.

"Burks, Mallory is a big girl. I'm sure she can handle it. Besides, I'm sure she would rather you be proud to have her as a girlfriend instead of hiding it from everyone". Tom was right. Mallory meant so much me.

I quickly jumped over Tom, grabbed my phone, and walked down the hallway to my bedroom. After shutting the door, I sat on the edge of my bed and dialed Mallory's number.

"Hello?" she whispered.

"Why are you whispering?" I laughed.

"I'm in class right now, Andre".

"Oh shit Mallory I'm sorry I forg-"

"Its fine, I wasn't paying attention anyways," she laughed.

"Are you in the hallway?"

"Yeah, I was in the back of the class so I just slipped out. What's up?" she questioned.

I sighed, "Are you available this afternoon?".

"Uh yeah, my last class ends at 12:15, so I'm good after that. Is everything ok?"

"Yeah, everything's fine. I just wanted to get coffee or something before the game," I lied. Well, it wasn't actually a lie. I did want to get coffee before my game, but I was afraid to mention the picture.

"Ok, I guess we'll meet at the usual spot?"

"Sounds good, see you at 12;30".

"Ok, I love you," she said, "I-I mean see you later. Bye Andre".

"Mallory-" before I could finish she had hung up the phone.

Did she just say what I think she said? I was silent, processing those three words that came out of her mouth. It wasn't that I didn't feel the same way. Of course I loved her, but I didn't expect her to say it.

I stared at my bedroom door, replaying that moment over and over in my head.

She loves me.

{Mallory's POV}

"Ok, I love you," I replied. Wait, what did I just say.

"I-I mean see you later. Bye Andre," I stuttered, quickly ending the call. What the hell did I just do? Way too soon Mallory, way too soon. God now he's gonna think I'm clingy.