Bones

Tina barged into Valerie's apartment hours later. "I need your help!" She shouted, slamming the door behind her.

"Um, okay?" Valerie marked her place in the book she was reading and set it on the coffee table. "What's wrong?"

"You can't ask any questions, okay? There's no time and too much to explain. We just have to get going."

"Well, alright. But do you...-"

"No. Whatever it is, no." Tina said, a bit of harshness in her voice. "We just have to hurry."

" Fine. Geez." Valerie mumbled, rolling her eyes. She quickly slipped on a pair of shoes and the pair dashed out the door. It was then, as they were hurrying down the stairs, that Valerie noticed the firm hold Tina had on Newt's case. "Hey, isn't that...-"

"No questions!"

"Why are we walking?!" She shouted at Tina as the nippy New York City air hit their face. They walked briskly down the street towards MACUSA. Tina ignored her. Even though they could apparate, Tina didn't want to risk being seen. Too much was going on as is. Nothing needed to be added to her over flowing plate of chaos. Valerie quickened her pace and remained quiet the rest of the way, knowing everything she said would just be ignored any way.

Tina knew where Madam Picquery currently was, but she didn't know the severity of why she was where she is. An international meeting was being held discussing the death of Senator Shaw. Something Tina nor Valerie was aware of. So, you could imagine the scene they caused as they came bursting into the hall full of witches and wizards from all over the globe. Valerie felt her cheeks redden as all eyes fell onto her and Tina. Even more so when she made eye contact with Graves. This blush was no longer out of love, but out of fear. Fear of the unknown of the man she had been sharing her life with the past few months.

"Madam President, I'm so sorry to interrupt, but this is critical..."

Everyone continued to stare, now more in annoyance than anything else. "You'd better have an excellent excuse for this intrusion, Miss Goldstein and Miss Forrest."

"Yes, I...we do." Valerie looked at Tina in confusion, her eyebrows knitted together. How was this a 'we' situation. Valerie had no idea what was going on. "Ma'am. Yesterday a wizard entered New York with a case. This case full of magical creatures, and unfortunately some have escaped."

"He arrived yesterday? You have known for twenty-four hours that an unregistered wizard set magical beasts loose in New York and you see fit to tell us only when a man has been killed?"

"Who has been killed?" Valerie spoke up.

"Where is this man?" Madam Picquery ignored her question. Tina set the case on the floor and moved to open it.

"Tina, what are you doing?" Valerie whispered harshly. She couldn't believe she had stabbed Newt in the back like this. Nothing good was going to come of this. They were going to kill those creatures he was fighting so hard to save. Tina unfortunately didn't see the error in what she had done. Newt's head popped out of the case. Then followed Jacob. They stepped out nervously and looked at the crowd before them.

"Scamander?" A man in the audience spoke.

"Oh..er...hello, Minister." Valerie zoned out, keeping her stare on Graves as he carefully watched the scene before him. His gaze was dead locked on the case and Newt. He didn't even notice Valerie watching him. She noticed the wheels turning in his mind. His expression. His mannerisms. Everything was reminding her of someone she used to know. Her mind was playing tricks on her. He is dead. She was just trying to find him in others now. "That was an Obscurus." Valerie was brought back to reality at that word. Obscurus. It certainly sparked Graves' interest even more.