~Prologue~

The next update will be within a few hours InshaAllah:)

Zera took a deep breath and smiled at herself as she took a moment to drink in the sight of the huge mansion.

Everything looked opulent from the gleaming wood floors covered in loving throw rugs to the sheer curtains billowing like mist on the floor to ceiling windows that faced the early winter sunset.

It was the first time that she got an opportunity to attend a high-profile wedding.

She had met sameera a few months back in the chemistry laboratory  during her first year at the university and they had instantly clicked together.

Consequently, they turned out to be friends. But for Zera it looked like a business arrangement as Sameera would pay zera for helping her with the notes and assignment's and as zera badly needed money, she was more than happy to oblige.

Zera looked intently at her surroundings, the furnishing had an vintage vibe and a story to tell,  they had antiques with what looked like handcarved workmanship, each area of the room melting into the beauty of the next, and some delicate settees next to more heavy bookcases and fireplaces that mated with the walls that appeared to be actually used.

She had come here to help sameera with her dressing, and later when the family had left for the wedding avenue they had requested her to accompany them.

The wedding took place in a huge ballroom with eye-catching decorations.

Zera looked at all the sophisticated guests present there who seemed to be engaged in slow and witty conversations.

She felt odd and left out.

Nevertheless, she was content just to be standing there and looking at the famous faces that she had only seen in magazines or on television.

It felt like a dream and she had to constantly remind herself that it was reality.

No one bothered to glance her way or took a moment to converse with her as she was the only person present with hijab and such an old dress and it made her seem very unapproachable.

People with hijabs were universally considered orthodox or unliberated and therefore not many seemed to take interest in the person inside the hijab.

Zera remembered a saying, 'If not covering oneself is modernisation then animals are the more modern than humans.' She let out a hearty laugh and after what seemed like hours of standing alone in the corner, she decided to feed herself.

On her way, she glanced at a famous businesses man, Izaan Ahmed , whose photos she had constantly seen in the magazines. If she was right then the man was sameera's brother. She had seen him earlier in their house and  couldn't stop herself from thinking that he looked more handsome when you saw him in person.

Zera reluctantly dragged her gaze over his perfect deep honey eyes which seemed to be alight with fire. Even his posture shouted perfection. He was laughing at a joke passed by someone standing opposite to him, and the carefree nature blended into his character with brilliance.

Zera wished that she had the opportunity to know the real man behind the facade of success.

But when the man turned his piercing gaze towards her, scrutinizing her, she felt so mortified that she avoided looking in his direction and made her way to the tables in which a variety of dishes where elaborately presented. It was a mere feast to the eyes to look at them.

There were sudden murmurs of MashaAllah and zera turned around to witness sameera make an entrance. She was clad in a beautiful golden lehenga and it enhanced her pale complexion.