Chapter 4

Salaam readers,

I have been going through a lot lately, and couldn't afford for a sooner update. I hope that my readers understand my qualms.

I wish to see a million comments(:

Enjoy the chapter.

Loads of love <3

The police commandant, Angad thripati, half a dozen uniformed police officers, and Detective Hamilton along with other spies who wore plain-clothes, stood staring at a fully-dressed lifeless body lying on the hotel room.

The skull seemed to be irrevocably damaged and a huge pool of blood encircled it.

His features were only partly visible through the red liquid covering the face. The expensive garments torn and haggard.

The man in charge, Detective Hamilton, had finished the official prescribed procedures.

No one was allowed to approach the body until the photographs had been taken, and he made notes of the scene while the officers looked for any evidence that may be lying around.

The victim's hands had been wrapped in clean plastic bags.

The police commandant leaned over the body. 'Murder,' he drawled, his eyebrows knotted together in confusion.

Every eyes seemed to be deeply focused on the body. Black jacket, dark blue trousers, an expensive watch on the left wrist.

Detective Hamilton nodded his head, extracting a pair of gloves from his pocket, he slipped it on, 'It looks like the murderer was very cruel,' He knelt down and started going through the victim's jacket pockets. His hands encircled something leathery and he pulled it out, revealing a wallet.

Thufail Ahmed
Journalist
Quick news
New delhi.

His eyes roamed around the other contents, but except that particular card there wasn't anything that looked interesting, other irrelevant things present were of little or no importance.

What surprised him most was that the wallet was heavy with cash. 'They sure as hell weren't after money.'

The wallet was packed in a plastic bag and kept aside in a box marked 'Evidence.'

'Does anybody here know him?'

The owner of the hotel spoke up, 'He is thufail Ahmed, a well-known journalist. His brother, Izaan Ahmed, is one of the richest person of the town.'

'Oh,' The police officer's face grimed and a few tension lines appeared around his eyes. 'What time did he check in?'

'Sometime around midnight.'

'Wasn't it his sister's wedding last night? I heard the reports were surrounding their house like dogs waiting for a peice of juicy bone.'

'You heard it right,' Detective Hamilton replied flatly.

'What led you to discover the body?' The police officer questioned the owner.

'It was because of the cleaning lady, her scream was heard all over the place. She claimed to have seen a trail of blood from the elevator to this room.'

Detective Hamilton went into the bathroom, 'No liquid bottles or drugs anywhere. It doesn't look like suicide.'

The commandant nodded, 'Right,' He then turned towards the owner. 'Did he check in alone or did he bring along company.'

'He was alone.'

'Did anyone see him leaving the premises or re entering?'

'Not to my notice but you could check the camera recordings.'