Chapter 10

Salaam sweet readers,

Isn't this a rather quick update? I hope it is... *winks*

Dedicated to FarzanaTutul

Zera slid tiredly into bed, the paralysis of shock seeping away.

The full horror of what she was about to do sinking in. She was just at the edge of confiding everything, if it wasn't for Thufail's smiling face flashing into her memory. She hadn't known him well, but she had the previlige of spending a few moments with the person and had come to gather that he was quite a man and she wouldn't spoil his sacrifice by spilling the secrets that he had so efficiently hidden.

Given her previous records, she had seen a lot of troubles and that had made her supremely confident in controlling her emotions, then why had she been on the brink of loosing the self importance she possessed? She sighed at her lack of inhibition to stay strong.

In her earlier years, when she had suddenly lost her father, her mom had been devastated and it had taken lot of her willpower to stay brave. She didn't have any siblings to share her plight nor did she possess the heart to increase her mother's distress, therefore, she had never openly exhibited her emotions.

Initially, she had cried for several hours in the bathroom and then she had begun crying into the pillow during the darkness of the night. Her cries were always muffled by an lifeless object and no one ever saw her real self. With time she had considered herself to be a staunch survivor but then today she was going to loose her self-esteem.

Thankfully, Zera had told Sinan that it was just one of her assumptions as  she had seen Thufail before his death, for which he had laughed out aloud saying that he might as well need to have infinite superhuman powers to help her lead to them.

He had gently told her not to worry over things that aren't connected to her and to focus on herself, to which she had gladly nodded her head.

For now she needed to get some good sleep before she would resume reading the journal. Somehow she felt that she needed to keep the trust that thufail had over her and the determination to reach the truth overpowered her fears.

~*~*~*~

Izaan indicated the chair that was placed in readiness about eight feet from his desk.

His secretary stepped forward, with a quick smile and then spoke in her crisp business like voice, 'I'll be as brief as possible.'

A satiric black brow elevated, 'Bear in mind that all my appointments with media or to anyone regarding Thufail's case needn't be mentioned.'

She nodded her head and began relaying the schedule for the day, her task was interrupted by a buzz as he switched his attention and stretched an impatient hand towards his phone.

As his concentration focused away from her, she breathed again. The temptation to study him was overpowering.

He was incredibly attractive.

Hard cheek bones slashed his strong, dark features, highlighting the proud temperamental flare of his nose, lips that were blatantly sensual arc. But, if you were a woman, it was his deep golden eyes that you noticed first and remembered longest.

Izaan had mesmerising eyes, golden as the purest precious metal in sunlight or dark as darkest ebony.

She had seen that woman all over the office tried to grab his attention but he seemed to be a man of high principles. Never was he seen involved in a relationship with a woman, all his free time was spent in mosque, charities and shelter homes.