Chapter 9

Salaam readers,

I hope my presence was missed. I did miss my characters and my wonderful motivators.

Forgive any typos as I just wanted to finish this chapter and put it up, as your comments motivate me to write further.

Ambassador duties had held me up, but now as the training is over and I have settled, I promise to focus on updating more often Inshallah.

Leave behind loads of comments.

Dedicated to halz_muslimah Taqi-Writer
maheeray bushrafaris sarah20996

Love <3

'Wake up, Sleeping beauty,' Isaac whispered from his seat.

Sameera opened her eyes to find him smiling sweetly, 'Has the flight landed,' She mumbled coherently.

He tucked the loose strands of hair behind her ears, 'You look really tired. I hope the change of place will do you good.'

She hoped the same too but didn't say anything. Her heart still ached when she thought about thufail and her eyes moistened on their own accord. She began securing her hijab which had fallen loosely when she had slept through the journey.

'Isaac?'

'Yes,' He drawled as he began pulling their luggage from the closed department above their seats.

'Was I a coward to run away during such family crisis.'

He slipped one bag over his left shoulder and balanced the other on his right hand, 'You are thinking too much. It isn't like you could make the situation any better, some things are just not meant to be set right. Only time has the power to lessen the pain.'

Sameera nodded her head as she followed Isaac towards the airport. Even though his answer had made her feel less guilty, she couldn't help but believe that there was more trouble on the way.

'Sweetheart, you are walking in snails pace,' He mocked lightly.

Her lashes fluttered and she came back to life again, 'Oh, sorry.'

Isaac wrapped his arms around her waist and pecked her soft cheeks, before they resumed their pace to their new life, oblivious to the fact that there were more thorns on the way than flowers.

The roads weren't cramped with traffic nor the pavements seemed filled with giggling children. Everything seemed organised and well maintained.

Some stretches were so isolated, such as the Eyre Highqay, which crossed the Nullarbor Plain. The roadhouses serving the small amount of passing traffic seemed like the only sign of human activity for hundreds of kilometres and she already began feeling homesick.

'Isaac, I want to go back home.'

'What?'

'I worried about mom and Izaan. I'm sure they are still in daze.'

'I spoke to Izaan as soon as the flight landed and he is very happy that you chose to accompany me to Australia,' Isaac replied gently and squished Sameera's hands affectionately which she had kept tightly folded on her lap.

'I'm sorry for not being a happy bride and spoiling our initial days,' Sameera whispered as fresh tears cascaded down her cheeks.

Her sent a understanding glance her way, ' I would have been more bitter than you, had I gone through the same. It isn't a wife's role alone to make the marriage work and I don't expect you to play the perfect bride. I want you to openly display your emotions and I'll be glad to play perfectly smitten,' His black orbs shone with volumes of love he felt for his women.