Chapter Three

A/N: Again, I do not own Harry Potter.

Hermione knew that marrying Draco Malfoy wasn't going to be a walk in the park. She liked to be up bright and early. Meanwhile, it was 20 minutes before breakfast ended and he was still sleeping. Hermione had already eaten in their flat because she wanted to do some light reading before class. But in order to know what classes she had, she would have to go to breakfast and so would Malfoy. In the end, Hermione decided that she should do the right thing and wake up the sleeping Malfoy. Deciding to do that was the easy part, actually waking him was the hard part.

"Malfoy wake up." She tried to start off really simple. She clearly didn't know how much of a deep sleeper he was until she didn't get a reply. She then tried it a little bit louder, still no reply. "God damn you." She mumbled as she shook him "Malfoy. Get up" She said, borderline shouting at this point. But the blonde haired Slytherin was having none of this and was still pretty much refusing to wake up at this point. It was at that moment that a funny but cruel idea came into Hermione's mind.

Standing a little away from the bed to avoid the boy, Hermione pointed her wand at the sleeping Malfoy and whispered. "Aguamenti." And watched as a trail of water flew out of her wand and landed straight on Draco. Instantly, the boy jumped up and screamed, like he actually screamed as the water hit his face. Hermione just burst into laughter. She couldn't help it. She watched as the man stood in front of her instantly met her eyes. "GRANGER!" He yelled before running at her. But she was too fast. Before he could reach her, she was gone like a bullet, grabbing her bag and leaving the flat.

However when Hermione reached the Great Hall, she saw that it wasn't looking like it normally did. The four house tables were a lot shorter than they had been at the start of the year. The space that should have been house tables had now been replaced with smaller tables, each seating eight people. She saw Harry waving her over and walked towards him. "What's going on?" She asked, looking at her best friend. Harry smiled as she sat down in a chair that said her name in front of her, Draco's to the side of her.

"Well when me and Ginny got here this morning, we saw this and asked Mcgonagall. She said that because we all were due to get married at some point this year, the seventh years shouldn't be sat with their houses. She told me that she thought it would be better if all the couples could sit together and with other people in the same situation as them." Harry explained as he looked over his timetable. "You mean forced into the same situation as them." Hermione mentioned coldly as Ginny smiled at her. "So how was your first night with Malfoy-" She cut herself off, looking at the man stood behind her.

"Oh she loved it. I don't know what was better for her. Sleeping in the same as room as me or pouring water all over me to wake me up. By the way, thanks for that Granger." Draco smirked as he sat down next to Hermione "Although now you've done that, I will be pranking you back. How do you like 3am as a wake up time." He said sarcastically. Around the table Ron, Harry, Ginny, Luna, Pansy and Blaise all seemed shocked at how well the couple seemed to be getting on.

Hermione looked at the timetable that was placed at her table and noticed that there was a new additon "Guys have you seen this new class that's on my timetable?" She asked, looking around at her friends. The words in front of her said a class called "Preparation." Ron nodded and looked around "It's a new lesson for all those involved in the marriage law from what I've seen." He spoke softly while eating. "Probably a lesson on how to maintain a relationship with someone you don't even know." Blaise spat out, he liked Luna but wasn't a fan of this law. Hermione shrugged and looked over at Draco Malfoy

"Ron! I am not under the influence of the confundus charm." Hermione snapped as the friends walked down to their first lesson of the year. It was potions with Professor Slughorn, the newly appointed head of Slytherin after the previous head had died during the battle. "It's just that you and Malfoy haven't spat out a single insult to each other since you got picked to marry each other." Ron threw his hands into the air as he said it. The brown haired girl simply rolled her eyes and walked into the dungeon. The three friends sat down and looked around at the class. It was a small class of students doing the NEWTs level of potions.

Slughorn stood up in front of the class. "Hello Eighth Years. I wish to say welcome back to all those who missed out last year as well as the students returning to fully complete the year. Now as your last year at this school I expect work to be of a high standard. There will be no slacking in my class at all. Anyone who fails to do the work will simply fail the class and not achieve the NEWT. " Slughorn explained with a straight face, not showing any emotion in what he was saying. Not a lot of people did after the war. Most people had suffered great loss. It was hard to remember that Ron and Ginny had only lost Fred a few months ago. Harry was still blaming himself for not sacrificing himself sooner.

Soon enough, the class got working very fast. They were refreshing on some of the basic NEWTs stuff they had learnt in sixth year by making The Draught Of living death. Harry leaned over and whispered to Ron and Hermione. " Wish I never threw away Snape's book now. " He admitted with a smile, looking down at his newer version of Advanced Potions Making. Hermione knew that the class wasn't the only reason Harry wanted the book back. After Snape had died and Harry found out the loyalty and love Snape showed him, he gained a great deal of respect for the wizard.

Soon the Golden trio were scrambling to remember what the recipe was in the Half Blood Prince version of their textbook. Finally, the three friends managed to get the correct recipe wrote down and started to do it. Because of their memory with the potion, all three of them were able to finish their potions in time before Slughorn told them that the lessons was over. As a result of their potion, the three friends were invited to the SlugClub and 10 point were awarded to each of them.

It was lunch before their first preparation lesson. Hermione, Ron and Harry were the first to get to their table and sit down, followed by Ginny and Luna showing up together. Hermione had noticed how much Luna had changed since the war, she was a new woman. Although she was still her eccentric self, she was a lot more confident and stood up for herself. Ginny started to talk about Luna "Some idiot tried to take her bag while we were at Care of Magical Creatures. Luna straight up pointed her wand at them and told them to put it down. They did and then ran away. It was brilliant." Ginny gushed, looking at her best friend with a smile.

The friends talked between themselves while Hermione started to work on her notes. "Do you ever do something that isn't school related Granger?" She heard the voice of Draco Malfoy sitting down next to her. Hermione looked up with a mouth full of pumpkin juice. She swallowed her juice and shrugged "I just like to be prepared if you must know Malfoy." She mumbled as she reached for some of the food that was on the table. "I hope you're not always like this." Pansy said in disgust, looking at Ron shovelling food into his mouth. "He is." Harry, Ginny and Hermione all spoke at the same time.

Draco leaned over to see the Gryffindors. "How do you do it. How did you manage to do that potion so fast. It's meant to take longer than what you did it in?" He asked, a slight cold tone in his voice. Ron rolled his eyes and stared at Draco "None of your business Malfoy. Don't think that just because you're marrying Mione I'm going to be your best friend." Ron snapped at the Blonde haired boy who just rolled his own eyes and turned back to face Blaise who was sat next to him. "Ron." Pansy snapped. Ron looked up at his wife-to-be and sighed. "You have to be nice to my friends if you expect me to be nice to yours." The raven haired witch spoke, making Ron's ears turn red.

With all the Seventh and Eighth years crowded over desks, Professor Mcgonagall stood to address the class. "Now class. This lesson will be devoted to the preparation for your lives as married couples outside of this school. Now, we do have one more announcement that the Minister would like to inform you of now you know who you are marrying." She said and then turned to the Minister. "As we enacted this law in order to increase the population, a bi-law has been added. A baby law. This means that within two years of your marriage, you must be pregnant or have a baby. There will be no exception." He announced. Many people gasped in the room, including Hermione. She looked to her side where Draco was sat looking paler than normal. She would have to have his kids soon. 

Thank you for the support on this story so far. Don't forget to Vote, Follow me and Comment telling me what you think about this chapter. Thanks again for reading. -Alex xxx.