Chapter Four.

Hermione was still in shock from the news of the baby law hours after the news had been told. The lesson had gone pretty smoothly. They had a lecture on getting to know the person they were marrying and then given homework to answer ten questions about their fiancé.

"Come on Granger. Having my kids isn't that bad. Most girls would die to be in your place." Draco teased at dinner. Hermione glared at him. "Well you should know by now that I'm not most girls Malfoy and to be honest I'm not thrilled about this but rules are rules." Hermione fought back. Draco rolled his eyes as he grabbed some food. "We should do our questions today. I don't want you falling behind because you need a week to write your thousand foot essay about all of my favourite things." Draco teased again, resulting in another glare from Hermione. He was being way too weird about this whole situation.

So that's what they did when they got back to their dorms. They sat at the small dining table they had with there parchment that had the questions they had chosen on. "You can go first if you want." Draco offered to which Hermione looked at her notes. "What's your favourite memory as a child?" She asked with a straight face. Draco grinned, thinking back to the memory. "Probably when I got my first proper broom for Christmas. It was so cold but I didn't care. I wanted to use it instantly. I ended up getting a severe cold from it and frostbite. What's your favourite colour?" He then asked her whole she wrote. "And I want reasoning too Granger. If I give you a paragraph to write, you better give me one." He smirked as she thought about it. "Probably Blue. It's very calming for me. I used to cloud gaze a lot as a child and the blue skies were always very calming." She answered with a smile.

Hermione let Draco write for a bit and then when he looked up, she asked "What was your first pet?" Draco thought for a minute and then looked at her. As if on cue, Crookshanks jumped onto the table and stretched out in front of them. To Hermione's surprise, Draco reached forward and stroked the cat. Draco then looked back up "We used to have a great dane called Noir but he died when I was 8." He said, looking down. Hermione sighed and nodded as he looked at Crookshanks. "Was this your first pet?" He asked, not using his questions. Hermione nodded and smiled "Yeah I got him just before I started third year. He's part Kneazle. No one wanted him because he was unusual but I thought he was perfect and took him home " She explained while stoking the ginger cat. Draco nodded and scribbled out his question, replacing it with one asking about pets so he could use it for his classwork.

The two continued on with their questions until Draco noticed that Hermione was leaning on the table tiredly. They were about 7 questions in each and had learnt a lot about each other. Draco's favourite colour was red and orange like fire because that's what calmed him. Hermione told him her favourite fruit was strawberries and she would often each them with whipped cream when we was at home. Draco's favourite sweets were Sugar Quills were as Hermione's were a muggle sweet called Skittles. Draco was intrigued to hear about them and Hermione promised him that she would get her parents to send her some of her much loved sweets for while she was at Hogwarts.

Draco put his quill down and Hermione jumped up and looked at her notes. "We're going to bed. You're way too tired to continue." Draco spoke to the sleepy girl who looked like she was about to fight the choice but ended up grabbing her stuff and packing up "We only did 7 of our questions" She mumbled as she put her stuff in her bag. The blonde boy shrugged and smiled "We can do the rest another day. Just not tomorrow because I have Quidditch practise." He informed her. All she did was nod. She was feeling way too tired to be able to keep up the talk and just trudged towards their shared bedroom. Hermione quickly got dressed and got into bed before Draco had even entered the room.

Meanwhile Draco was clearing the room and grabbing a book. He wasn't feeling too tired yet but knew that if they didn't stop working soon, he would have a fast asleep Hermione Granger to take to bed. The book that he had grabbed had been one off Hermione's part of the bookshelf but he didn't care. It was a muggle book but he didn't care too much about that either. His mother had read many muggle books to him when he was younger. She loved them. Draco opened the book and looked at the title 'Lord of the flies.' he read out before shrugging. He had never heard of this book before but he liked to find new books. He laid down on the sofa and started reading the books.

It was about an hour later when the portrait that guarded their quarters came into it's smaller painting. "Mr Malfoy? A Mr Zabini wishes to speak with you." The woman in a long and old dress spoke. Draco looked up and nodded, putting the book down after summoning a bookmark to keep his page. "What does he want?" He asked, sitting up from his comfortable sleeping position "Let him in." Draco smiled as his best friend walked into the room. "Hey dude. Where's Granger?" Blaise asked as he sat down and put his feet up. "Sure make yourself feel right at home Blaise. And she's in bed." Draco answered, looking at Blaise's feet. "What do you want anyway? Not meaning to sound rude but I was going to go to bed soon." Draco then asked. Blaise shrugged and looked over at the kitchen area. "Do you know what any of that stuff does-" Blaise started but Draco cut him off "Dude, cut the crap and get to the point." The Malfoy boy snapped.

Blaise spoke after a while "I was scared. Luna started talking about possible wedding dates and I don't know. I feel like it's all a bit rushed." Blaise admitted, making Draco laugh "A bit rushed? More like extremely rushed. Maybe it's a good idea. I know that the cut off date is new year for dates but maybe Luna just wants to get things over and done with and decide as soon as." Draco couldn't believe he was defending Loony Lovegood and he wasn't the only one. "You called her Luna? Not loony. You've been very chilled about this whole thing. I mean you're marrying Hermione Granger. A muggleborn and you're perfectly okay with it?" Blaise asked in shock. Draco shrugged "I'm fine. I don't want to make this any harder and I'm going for redemption. What better way than to have a nice, happy marriage with one of the Golden Trio. I don't see why I should fight it. It's giving the Malfoy family a definite heir and I get a wife too who judging by the past few days won't be that bad." Draco answered with a shrug. Blaise nodded "I just don't want to be thinking about dates until I've proposed. Like I want to do that the old fashioned way." Draco smirked after Blaise spoke "Then I guess we should get going to Hogsmeade for you."

Blaise shrugged "Not yet. Like we're not even a couple yet." He then looked at Draco "Should we be a couple?" He panicked, making Draco burst into laughter "Dude the only people who are a couple right now are Potter and Weaselbee. They don't even have a date planned yet. You're fine. Just see how things play out and if you feel like you want to be in a relationship then ask her out." Draco also didn't know when he became such a relationship expert. Sure he had his fair share of girlfriends over the years at Hogwarts but none of them lasting very long at all. Blaise nodded "You're so good at advice. You could really do something like that in the muggle world. It's called a-" Draco cut him off once more "Let's be real, I'm not going to be going to the muggle world am I?" He chuckled but Blaise then spoke again "What if Hermione wants to live in the muggle world. I mean you told me about what happened in the manor. She'll never want to live there, even after the changes." Draco sighed and nodded "I know. That room will haunt her nightmares forever probably but I just.... I don't know. I'm all my mother has left." Blaise chuckled. "You're such a mummy's boy it's unreal." He teased making Draco glare playfully and joke "You don't even live here. Get out" before kicking Blaise out and going to bed.

Thank you for reading this story. It means a lot. Please vote, Follow me and Comment telling me our feelings on the story. -Alex xxx