Chapter 8

Russ's POV

We woke up the next morning. I went to the bathroom, put on some deodorant, got dressed and went to the kitchen.

Chase was still getting ready so I made some oatmeal for both of us.

She came in humming a song that I had never heard. She probably made it up.

"Forgetting something Russ?" She asked.

I reached up to my head and said "I don't think so..."

"Go do your hair Russ."

When I came back she had eaten and was by the door. I ate quickly and waited with her.

"Wanna go to the mall today after school?"

"Sure, but I'm not going into Victoria's Secret with you again!" I said.

Last time I went to the mall with her she dragged me in there and made fun of me because I was so embarrassed to be in there because she made me hold the bras she was buying...

She started laughing and could barely speak, "oh yeah! That... Was... (Laughing) so funny!"

"Whatever!" I said rolling my eyes. She then wrapped her arms around my waist being that she only came up to my shoulder.

I put my arms around her and looked into her eyes.

The bus came up before we could lock lips and we got in.

------------

At the mall

"Look! There's a flyer for Battle of the Bands!" Chase pointed out. We walked over there and read it.

"It says that we are only doing covers, we aren't supposed to write anything!"

"Oh, can we switch the song we're doing a cover of then?"

"Yeah, but not now."

"Oh my god!" Chase squealed. "Forever 21 is having a sale!" She took my hand and dragged me there.

She ended up carrying two bags full of clothes out of the store.

Across the store was Victoria's Secret.

"Can we maybe just look around in Vi-"

"No!" I nearly yelled.

She Burst into laughter and saw Pacsun and dragged me into that store too.

------------

Chase's POV

When we got home I had spent about $50 dollars at the mall because of all the deals! I had about two bags from every store I went to. Forever 21, Pacsun, Aeropostle, Brandy Melville...

I put all my clothes up and went to the kitchen.

"We need to call the band together soon to talk." Russ said immediately.

"Yup! I call them now. How about 5?" I asked

"It's 4:45." He said looking at the clock.

"How about 6?"

"Ok, sure. I'll make dinner and you call everyone."

----------

6 o'clock

Annie and Claire we the first to arrive. They're neighbors and so they carpool a lot.

Then Jack and Avery arrived two minutes later.

Lastly about 8 minutes late came Maddie. She was a huge procrastinator. She lived a block away and was still late! But she was so fun to be around and she's my best girl friend!

"Well look who showed up!" Said Jack.

"Sorry, I forgot what time it was..." She replied.

"Oh speaking of time," Annie said. "I'm leaving early for a date!"

"With Cade?" I asked.

"Uh huh!"

"Ooooh! Can I do your hair and makeup?" Screeched Claire.

"We have work to do!" I said. "There is no song writing part!" I put a flyer I took at the mall on the table we were sitting at.

"We will be performing two song. Covers of songs." I said.

"Kip Moore came out with a song called 'Young Love'." Jack said.

"Okay then. Perfect!"

"I still think Russ and Chase should do a duet!" Said Claire.

"Some Lady Antebellum song!" Maddie suggested.

"Compass!" Annie suggested. "I have to go!"

"Come back here as soon as you can so that we can rehearse!" I said.

"Kk!"

"So, 'Compass' and 'Young Love' are the songs we're performing?" Asked Russ.

"Yup!" I reassured him. "Did y'all bring your instruments?

"They're in our cars," said Maddie.

Everyone ran and got our instruments. I got my acoustic guitar out of my room, Russ got his electric guitar out of the guest room. Avery got his bass guitar out of his car, and Maddie got her keyboard. Claire was the lead singer and Annie was the back up singer. Who am I forgetting?

"Can y'all help me get my drums out of the car?" Asked Jack. That's who I was forgetting.

Everyone helped him and I printed up the chords and lyrics for everyone.

I played the songs and we practiced until 2 in the morning then went to sleep.

------------

Here's a longish chapter. I hope y'all liked it!go listen to the songs they're doing covers of, they're awesome!