Chapter 3

Russ's POV

When we got out of the bus Chase ran off. Her watch must have been off, we had nine more minuets to get to class. But I didn't see her until lunch that day.

I saw her at our table, she was the first to get there. I walked over and saw her poking at her food with her fork and a sad look on her face.

"Hey Chase. What's wrong?" I asked.

"Russ! You were right!" She sobbed putting her head on my chest.

"About what?"

"Noah! He was making out with Marian!" She said.

"You know what!" She said. "I'm not wasting these tears on someone who isn't worth them!"

There she is! Chase is back!

"Good!" I said. Yes! Now I have a better chance with her!

She took a few deep breaths and started eating. Wow. She got over things quickly!

--------------

After School Friday

Chase's POV

Me and Russ got out at my house. We had band practice at my house in 2 hours.

We needed to think about what songs we were gonna play for battle of the bands.

Russ went straight to the kitchen where my mom was making an after-school-snack.

I set my backpack down and started eating.

"Mom, we're having band practice in 2 hours. We're practicing for battle of the bands at the mall. Can you make dinner for us?"

"Sure baby!" she said. My mom was born and raised in the Deep South. We lived in Texas so, we were still in the south but my mom moved away from her family as soon as she got out of college. She called everyone sugar, baby, honey, or Darlin'.

"Ok, thanks mom!"

-----------

2 hours later

"Hey guys!" I said as I welcomed everyone in. "Y'all want to eat and them practice or what?"

"Eat!" everyone yelled.

"We can talk while we eat to." Said Annie (the practical one).

"Okay," Maddie started when we all say down. "We have to do a cover of any song we want, and we have to write a song."

"Okay," Jack said. "What song should we cover?"

Everyone started bursting out random songs.

"HEY! HEY! HEY!" I yelled getting everyone's attention. "Annie wants to say something logical!"

"Thanks Chase!" She said. "Let's start with the genre. Who wants country?"

Everyone but Claire raised their hand.

"Heck no!" Claire shrieked. "I want to do One Direction."

Everyone moaned. Claire shot us a dirty look.

"Claire, if you want to do pop we can do Pop country!" Annie reasoned.

"Fine! What about Hunter Hayes?"

"Yes!" Shouted all the girls.

"Yeah, sure whatever." The guys said.

I looked at Jack. Everyone knew he loved Hunter Hayes. He had excitement in his eyes but tried to keep it cool.

"What song?" I asked. Everyone blurted out his songs. "What was that Avery?"

Avery was a quiet guy. He looked fun and outgoing with his jet black hair, chiseled features, and crystal blue eyes, but he was quiet and rarely spoke out.

"What about 'Everybody's got somebody but me'?" he said in a quiet voice. It's okay for him not to talk because he plays the bass, but he has the best voice ever!

"Sure! I love that song!" All the girls said in unison. Creepy!

"Ok, it's decided then." Said Russ.

"Now we have to write a song!" Said Maddie. "I think Russ and Chase should write it! They're both awesome song writers."

"Yeah! They should do a duet!" Yelled Claire.

Jack winked at Russ. Did they know something I didn't? Does Russ like me? No, he couldn't! We've been friends way to long! But he always did seem kind of jealous when I talked about that jerk Noah. No. He probably didn't.

I looked over at the clock. 10. Wow! We've been talking for 4 hours!

"So, I'm guessing y'all are spending the night?" I asked.

They all nodded their heads. Yes.

"Where's all y'all's stuff?" I asked.

"Outside on the porch." Replied Maddie. She's crazy, but that's why she's my best girl friend.

"Ok, well I'm tired. Me and Russ will work on the song later."

"Let's go get ready for bed,"said Annie.

------------

Ta freakin da! How did y'all like this chapter? The song they chose is actually a real song. Y'all should go listen to it! It's awesome!