Chapter 26

Gloria's POV

I woke up the next morning. Brent got home late last night and they kept me up with all the noise. Not gonna say to much!

My mom keeps pressuring me to get a summer job. But I can't focus on anything! I HATE working!

Ya, I know, it's a part of growing up, but I'm only 18....

Whatever. Don't judge me!

Anyway, I threw on my pink, silk robe over my lingerie. (I hate sleeping in pajamas and switched to this a few months ago.)

I walked to the kitchen where my mom was making out with Brent.

"Get a room! Gosh!" I said sarcastically.

"Hey honey, I missed you," Brent said grabbing my arm and kissing my cheek.

I made a bowl of cereal and sat down with them.

"Gloria," my mom started, "what are you going to do for a summer job?"

"I don't know. The shops at the mall won't hire me because... I don't know!"

"Well, you could always become a hooker!" Brent said jokingly.

"Mom!" I said in disgust looking at her.

She looked away and took a sip of her tea.

"Mom?"

"You are good in the bed from what I've heard in your room from time to time."

"I can't believe you ac-" I started. Then I stopped. It was true! All my boyfriends since high school started have said the same thing.

"Are you actually okay with that?"

She shrugged her shoulders. Brent looked like he could care less.

I shrugged and walked back to my room.

----------------

Brent's POV

Okay, I've never slept with Gloria. But she has guys in her room all the time! They walk out looking satisfied!

I suggested it as a joke, but if she really is, she's not mine! Not that she ever has been...

"Brent? Baby, what are you thinking about?" My beautiful wife asked.

"Is she really going to be a hooker?"

"If she really wants... I guess."

I just sat there looking at her.

"Brent, I was one in college. You know that! How do you think I got pregnant with Gloria?"

"Do you want to be a grandma, at this age? You got pregnant doing it! And you didn't finish college because of it! But she's in high school!"

"It was an accident! I didn't mean to get pregnant! He didn't use proper protection and I didn't care at the time!"

I looked away to see Gloria looking at us with tears in her eyes.

"Mom?" she asked with a shaky voice. "Is that all I am to you? An accident? You never wanted me!"

"Oh, honey, that's not what I meant."

"That's what it sounded like!"

"Honey-"

"Why didn't you just abort me? Or give me up for adoption if you never wanted me?"

"Exactly! I didn't do either because I want you! I always have!"

Gloria's tears spilled over as she turned away and ran to her room.