Chapter 16

Russ's POV

It was amazing!

There was a bonfire in the sand, people were dancing, hanging out. It was so amazing!

We all walked over. There was a group of, like... 5 kids, all around Todd's age.

"Todd, look over there. There are some kids around your age," I said.

"I know, can I go over there?" He asked.

"Sure kiddo, just stay out of trouble," Chase said.

He walked over and started talking to them. It was the happiest since I've seen him since he left for the hospital.

They started playing around with them. It turned into a fun game of tag, maybe.

We all sat down around the bonfire.

A song came on and people started going to this one area. Then I realized it was a dance floor.

Me and Chase went to the dance floor, along with the other couples in our little group.

Annie sat and watched. Then a little boy came and danced with her. It was hilarious. A tall teenage girl dancing with a tiny ten year old boy.

"Russ, look how cute!" Chase said motioning behind me.

I looked back and Todd's friends were teaching him some Hawaiian dance.

Then one of the girls in the group walked with him onto the dance floor. She was like, one inch shorter than him with long, sandy blond hair, tan skin and I think they were grey eyes.

The rest of his friends danced too.

Then a slow song came on. I pulled Chase closer to me. We danced in perfect sync with each other.

We held onto each other for dear life. When the song was over we got off the dance floor and took a break.

We saw Todd and his friends sitting together. He was sitting by that girl. He started to put his arm around her and she leaned closer to him.

"Aw! That's adorable!" Chase said.

--------------

Midnight

Me and Chase walked over to where Todd and his friends were.

"Hey guys. I'm Todd's brother and this is my girlfriend Chase," I said.

"Hi!" The girl said. "I'm Clarity! This is my brother Chris. My friends Bethany and Meredith. These are Chris's friends Reese and Charlie."

"Hi," Chase said. She sat down by them in the white sand. I sat next to her.

"So where are you guys from?" Clarity asked.

"Texas." Todd Chase said.

"Oh, me and my friends live here in Hawaii. But we have family in Texas!"

"That's cool Clarity." I said.

"Yeah, so Todd told me he just stopped chemo and is cancer free!"

"Yup, we're relieved!" Chase said hugging Todd.

"Cool!" Clarity said. "Can we all hang out again? Our curfew is in ten minuets. So, we have to go."

"Sure! Do you have Todd's number?" I asked.

"Uh huh! I hope we can keep in touch!" She said.

Her friends and brother's friends didn't talk very much while we were there.

"Guys, we have to go now," she said to the group. "Bye Todd! Bye Russ, bye Chase."

She hugged Todd goodbye and got up with her friends and left.

"So," Chase said, "how did it go? When's y'all's first date?"

"What ever Chase," he said.

She laughed. "She's a nice girl ya know, she thinks you're cute."

"I know, I really hope we can stay in touch with each other!" He said hopefully.

"I know you do," Russ said.

------------

At the house

We all went to our rooms. We got ready for bed.

Chase was wearing some shorts and a crop top.

I was wearing some shorts, and that's it.

We crawled in bed and she snuggled up to me.

I kissed her on the cheek and she kissed me on the lips. We fell asleep with her in my arms. This was perfect!