Chapter #13

Rewinding:

"I don't know, it happened really fas-" James' large hand grabs my neck. I can't breathe.

"DON'T FUCKING LIE, BITCH!"

"I'm no-" he squeezes hard. I open my mouth in hopes I would get more air.

"Lair..." he watches me as he squeezes really hard. Even past the point I start making gurgling noises, my vision starts to blur. I feel my eyes starting to water, threatening to let out tears at any moment.

With the very last breath I have, I begin to plea for him to let me go. "P-ple-ase... let-t me g-go," I want to scream. To kick him and thrash around, but I know that won't do anything. He's a big, strong guy.

Present.
Blake's pov:

"Why?!" James' voice cracks a little. His grip softens, I take a small breathe. "I-I don't know what your talking about..." I seriously don't know what's he's talking about any more. Usually, he doesn't really care if I beat a guy up, but this... I know this is different.

I guess I gave him the wrong answer because his eyes narrows and I can see the hated whirling around in them. He tightens his grip again, harder. "Sto-" I can't breathe again.

"Fucking brat... stop fooling around with me!" I close my eyes in pain.

After what feels like a million years, James narrows more intensively his eyes at me, "You're pathetic..." He says as he releases me and I drop to the ground coughing.

I put both of my hands around my neck like it will do anything to help me get air. "Your so, so pathetic, I should've just let you die that day," James mumbles as I continue gasping for the oxygen that just won't come to me.

I close my eyes as they burn for some reason, James is talking about after I was found in that motel, he was the cop the took the call to check out suspicious screaming that the neighbouring rooms were calling 911 about. He found me as I was blacking out. He was the reason I didn't die that day. Funny, but that was actually the first time I got to meet him.

James walks away into the house drunkenly speaking incomprehensible as I realize that the reason my eyes are burning is because I'm crying from the pain from the lack of oxygen.

I stare at the floor for a couple of minutes as I listen to James walk into the kitchen, grab a beer for the fridge, then walk into the living room and flop down on the couch. He turns on the TV as I rub my eyes to attempt to stop the tears from coming, but I fail. I slowly and quietly get up as James groans.

I turn to walk out the door when James says, "DON'T you dare leave this house, get in your fucking room, you son of-," I can't understand the rest of what he says but I turn around and stay watching the glow for the TV.
For a second, I debate on whether or not I should just leave. But I just decide to call it a night as I start walking in the direction of my room.

I walk quickly as James watches the TV with a beer in hand. I glance at the TV to see him watching that law and order: svu show. It shows Munch, an somewhat old look in guy talking to his partner, umm... what's his name, it starts with a T.

I can't remember.

After I close the door that leads into my room, I stare blankly at my black wall. I blink before letting my eyes wonder around my room. I don't have any posters, but I do have this one picture of a sketch I drew sometime last year by my bed, I drew during the same summer when Chris and I burnt an old, abandoned building to celebrate his birthday. My room is pretty much plain, it's black and cold, just like my emotions towards others.