Meant To Be

Note: This is before Justin broke up with Sofia.

"I would like to thank my family, my crew, and my friends and of course, all my fans for making this entire journey possible. For believing in me. For giving me purpose." The crowd went wild. As always, some were crying and some yelling at the top of their lungs.

That was the last thing I said on stage before vanishing backstage. This was it. The end of my Purpose Tour. Now I can relax a bit, and feel normal.

Normal. What an alien word it is. I don't even remember the last time I was "normal". I'm not allowed to be normal.

I'm not allowed to make mistakes.

I'm not allowed to be human.

I quickly change my shirt and jeans and head to the tour bus. My crew congratulates me. We talk a little, and then call it a night. I try hard to sleep; I was super tired, but I couldn't. My mind drifts to old thoughts. And then, she pops up in my head.

Selena.

I had completely forgotten about her. I wonder what she must be doing right now.

I decide to text her.

Hey.

I wait for about five minutes. I had almost given up hope. I mean, she doesn't have time for me. She has much more important (and interesting) things to do than to chat with me.

But, she replies.

What's up? 

Or should I say, what's hatnin'?

I laugh. It wasn't that funny. I still laugh. Somewhere I heard "Shut up Justin. We're trying to get some sleep." I then stop laughing.

My Purpose Tour is finally over.

That's great.

I think of a funny answer.

I know right? Now I can play golf for HOURS.

Lol.

It was awkward. I had no idea what to say. But then she texts this.

How's Sofia?

It made me cringe. I had even forgotten about Sofia. I don't even know where she is. The fight Selena and I had seemed like it never existed, till this moment.

Fine, I guess?

Then, I asked the stupidest question I could possibly think of:

Hey, can we hang out?

She didn't reply for the next ten minutes. Finally, after what felt like an eternity, she replies.

Where?

I exhale a long breath I didn't know I was holding.

My house?

I wait for few more painful minutes. I wanted- no, had to see her.

'Kay. I'll see.

Her "I'll see" probably meant "Never in a thousand years." But, it was better than nothing.

What are we? I don't know about her, I still have some feelings for her. It's like I'm mentally cheating on Sofia. I don't want to break Sofia's heart. She's such a sweet person. But I also want to fix Selena's heart. I broke it, and I am the one how should fix it.