JELENA ONE - SHOT

As soon as bodyguard, John opens the door of my Ferrari 458 Italia, I find myself mobbed by my fans. Not that I mind it; I've gotten used to it over the past seven-eight years. I greet the crowd with a wave. My every move is snapped, but I've gotten used to that also. As I am about to enter the building, a little girl, roughly the age of eight, runs up to me. I kneel down to her level and say, "Hey there! What's your name?" She replies in a sweet voice, "My name is Betty. And I love you so much!" I laugh escapes my lips. "I love you too, Betty." She opens her arms, indicating me to hug her. I accept her hug, and everybody goes, "Aww!" John informs me it is time to go. I nod towards him, wave to everybody one last time, and enter the huge building. On the way I think about Betty.

"Okay, Justin. Let's start from where we left yesterday." Scooter tells me. I nod, and stare at the notebook in which I had penned down half a song. The rest of the day flies past, and by the time I'd finished the song, it was afternoon. The sun was high up in the sky, and it was boiling hot outside. I decided to take a break. Suddenly, Scooter comes in and informs me that somebody wanted to meet me. I thought it was just another fan. I tell Scooter to send that person in.

It wasn't a fan.

It wasn't a relative.

It wasn't a staff member.

It was Selena.

My mouth was wide open and so were my eyes. It was the Selena. And she has come to meet me, in my studio.

Her presence brings back so many memories. And by bring back I mean the memories just flood in. I started to feel restless. My right knee bounced up and down, my fingers ran through my hair, tugging at them in anxiety. I'm seeing things, I tell myself. Selena would never, ever come here to visit me. I think I need to see a doctor. In the midst of the thoughts whirling around and silent screaming in my head, I find a hand rest on my shoulder, squeezing gently. My eyes search for the owner, and it was Selena.

I can't believe it.

"Is everything alright?" she asks, startling me.

"Y-yeah. I'm just surprised." I reply.

"No wonder." she smiles. My lower lip trembles. And I think she saw that because she asks me, "I think you need a minute."

"Yeah." I reply.

I rush to the nearest restroom. I look at myself in the mirror. Calm down.

She's not going to eat you.

Keep it together.

I run my fingers through my hair and later open the tap. I splash some cold water on my face. It's okay. I say to myself. Everything will be alright.