Love Will Remember.

Selena Gomez could not be more happy.

Surrounded by her girl friends and happily taking pictures with her friends back stage of the award show. They had earlier posed for the red carpet, as a squad. Who needed immature boys when you have a girl squad?

As they were talking and taking pictures, a familiar man walked towards them. He wasn't actually walking towards them; he just had to walk to the other end of the room where his manager was standing. The squad just happened to be there, then.

As he walked past, the girls couldn't help but scowl at his presence. The gave him death glares and surrounded Selena, blocking him from her sight. They made few remarks about him, his presence, his appearance, degrading him. He bit his lip, hung his head low, stuffed his hands inside his pockets and continued walking, trying to ignore the rude remarks from the girls.

He tried not to cry. He was disappointing that Selena didn't do anything about it, but he had stopped expecting from people for a long time.

But there was one girl who kept quite, aside Selena. She quietly observed him, as he walked to his manager. The girls were too busy to notice her as she quietly slipped away from them.

She approached Justin, who was staring blankly at the floor. She gestured to his manager to leave them alone for some time, so she could talk to him. His manager leaves, understanding. She sits next to him.

"Aren't you supposed to be with them?" Was the first question he asked the brunette.

"I'm not that close to Taylor, actually." She replied.

After few minutes of silence, she asks, "Justin, I don't know why, but I get this feeling that you really didn't cheat on Selena."

At this the blonde's ear's perked up. He looked at her properly for the first time.

"Really? What makes you think that?" He was, for the first time in a while, eager to listen to someone.

"I mean, I know that Selena and you have had a troubled love life, and that the first break up affected you both. So did the second. But this time, I feel like it is partly Taylor's fault. I mean, it's not secret she hates you. And she keeps talking trash about you to Selena."

Justin listened to the young girl attentively. She was right; he didn't cheat on her. He just wanted to catch up with his pal, Kendall. What was so wrong about hanging out with an old friend? He didn't even touch her intimately, unlike last time. All he did was get a hug, that's all. Yet he couldn't get why Selena thought he was cheating.

"I-I didn't cheat on her, I swear. I love her." He stuttered. The brunette mentally awed at his words.

"It's okay Justin. Maybe she just needs some time." The brunette tries to comfort him, patting his arm gently.

Justin hummed in agreement, and looked at his shoes.

"You know, I never really like Taylor that much. I mean, she's okay, but I just can't seem to like her." The brunette admits, shyly.

"Ditto." Justin replies, grinning.

"Friends?"

"Friends."

And so the duo spent the rest of night, talking, laughing. Somewhere from far, Justin's manager smiles at them, happy that Justin was happy. And somewhere else, Selena looks at them, with a pang of jealously. She quickly brushes it off with a fake smile directed towards the girls.

Selena wished she hadn't listened to Taylor. If it wasn't for her, she would've been the one laughing with Justin.

But she didn't want to lose two relationships. And anyways, friendships lasted longer than relationships. So she chose Taylor over Justin.