This Is What The Truth Feels Like.

"Justin!" My little sister exclaimed, running towards me at full speed. I chuckle and spread my arms. She jumps at me and secures her little hands around my neck. I look behind her and see Jaxon standing and making grabby hands at me. His lips formed a small pout. I carefully place Jazmyn down and pull him into a hug, which he happily returns.

I swear, they're the best siblings I could ever ask.

"Where are you going?" Jaxon asks, looking at the bouquet of roses.

"I'm going to Britany's house." I reply, giving a small smile.

"Oh." Jaxon said.

"Does she make you feel happy?" Jazmyn asks me innocently.

At this my smile grows big and I say, "Yeah. She makes me feel like I am on top of the world."

Both my siblings look at me and giggle at the exaggeration. But on a serious note, she truly does make me feel happy.

"Okay. Bye!" Jaxon says.

"Bye." Jazmyn follows.

I wave at them and walk towards my car, holding the roses.

I smile at the roses on the seat next to me. The petals flutter due to the wind, almost as if smiling back. I bite on my lip, stopping myself from grinning any further and look like a fool.

But in the end, I was a fool. A fool for my beautiful-- no scratch that-- stunning girlfriend. Calling her my girlfriend made my heart beat faster. This is it. My chance to finally move on.

I hope to not screw this up.

As far as my knowledge, Britany was one of the most beautiful people on this planet. She was kind, elegant, stunning, breathtaking, intelligent...

What I mean is that I am very lucky to meet her and be able to call her mine.

Sucking in a deep breath, I start the car. I zoom past the streetlights and after a few long minutes I reach the house where the girl I fell in love with lives. I had never been so nervous before. I park my car and grab the roses and walked through the gate.

I don't bother to knock since she always kept her door open for me.

"Don't ever knock, Justin. Just barge in. Heck, you can break the door if you want." She would joke.

Sure our relationship faltered a bit over the course of days because of few rumors but I will fix it today. I know that she knows I loves her and I also know she loves me back.

Nothing will come between us ever again.

And I'll make sure of it.

I may or may not propose her tonight.

I walk up the stairs, trying not to make a sound. She's probably lying on her bed, with her cute shorts, listening music and painting her toenails, like she loves to do everyday.

I might sound like a creep but that's what
she told me.

God, help me. I am in so deep that there is no way up.

I reach her door and knock. I hear giggles and smile. Her laugh is so beautiful, so so beautiful. I can hear it everyday, everytime and still never get bored of it.

She opens the door, laughing.

And then her eyes meet mine, and all the laughter fades.

I furrow my eyebrows. "What's wrong, Brits?" I ask.
She gulps as my eyes look behind her and I wish I hadn't.

There was a man on the bed. And he wasn't dressed. I looked at Britany, and to my horror, she, was naked with only a towel wrapped around her body.

I stood there, not believing what I was seeing. Surely this was a sick joke.

"W-what in the w-world?" I finally say, my voice breaking. Tears prickled at the back of my eyes.

Britany's lower lip trembled. No. No. This can't be happening. This is a bad dream. I pinched myself.

It was real.

Anger washed over me snd my hands started to shake with fury.

This girl, who I loved with all my heart, cheated on me.

I don't say anything but I turn on my heel and storm down the stairs, ignoring Britany's apologies and failing explainations.

"Oh and Britany? Stay the hell away from me." I spat, slamming the door shut.

I sit inside my car. Grabbing the steering wheel, I scream loudly and bang my head many times.

I gave her my heart. But she gave it right back to me, crushing it.

And then came what usually came after anger. The feeling of being hurt. Betrayed. Hot tears leaked from my eyes. God, being betrayed hurt like a bitch. Not that I wasn't before. But this... this was the worst feeling in the world.

I wish this was a joke. I wish she would run to me and say that it didn't happen. I wish I could hold her in my arms and forget about the rest of the screwed up world. She was the one who made me feel that I could be loved for who I truly am.

I rummage through my jeans pocket and pull out the red velvet box.

To think that I was going to propose her tonight.

Angrily, I throw the box in the back seat of my car. After all, the thing has no value now.

I wipe my tears, but they keep coming. Starting the car, I head towards a familiar house. To a person who would understand how I felt.

I recieve two messages from Britany.

I'm sorry.

Please, let me explain. It was a mistake.

So I text her back.

Dear  Britany,

Kindly fuck off.

Then I block her number. I reach my destination and hop off the car. I push the bell.

"This is Selena Gomez. May I know who is speaking?" Her voice rang out.

"Hey S- Sel. It's me, J-Justin. C-Can I come i-in?" I stutter, hiccuping.

"Sure." She said, sounding worried.

I hear the gates open, revealing a concerned Selena.

"Oh my god Justin are you okay?" She asked, running up to me.

Yup. I have never felt better.

Instead I reply, "N-no."

She tells me to come in, and we both settle on the sofa.

"Britany...She...cheated on me." I say, ending the silence.

She looks at me sadly. "I am sorry."

"I least now I know how you feel." I laugh humorlessly.

"Don't say that, Justin. What happened to us is the past. But with Britany... what I'm trying to say is clearly you deserved better." She explained softly.

"But why? W-why m-me?" I grit my teeth and pull at my hair.

" I g-guess I don't deserve to be lo-loved after what I did to y-you."

"Justin, stop saying that. Please." She begs, her eyes starting to become glossy.

" N-no. Don't c-cry. You shou- shouldn't c-cry." I wipe her tears whereas mine keep falling, blurring my vision.

And for the next hour, I laid my head on her lap while she ran her hand through my hair, whispering soothing words, to which I fell asleep.

And to which I fell in love with.