Chapter 12

catch myself singing the lyrics of the stupid song and by the time I'm home, it's suck in my head. When I open up my front door, my house doesn't feel warm anymore. It's an eerie place that I have no desire to stay in. I lock the door and check the side window once more before heading to the kitchen.

I open the fridge and reach for a coke. It's right next to the Miller Lite bottle, but drinking is my past. I decide to call Liam to see what he's planning with Louis. It's about 9 AM in London, so he's bound to pick up.

I'm surprised when it goes straight to voicemail. Liam is always on top of his phone. I decide to leave him a mushy voicemail to make hi feel bad.

"Hey Li, give me a call back whenever. I just wanted to see what the plans were with Louis and if Niall would come? I miss him a lot and I wish we could all hang out like old times. Call me, mate." I hang up and throw my phone in the counter. I take out a half eaten chicken breast that my mum made a couple days ago.

The events that had happened tonight, begin to replay in my head. I sit down on the couch with the cold chicken in hand, and turn on the tv. I decide that family guy is a hip show an it's what most Americans watch. I don't really care what people think of me, but school is getting to me. I found that I'm wearing more and more useless bracelets to cover old scars.

I close my eyes and drift off, thinking of E.

~~~~~~~~~

When I wake in the morning, my neck is stiff and my legs feel sore. What happened? I only had a coke.

I mozy over to the kitchen and grab a few eggs and decide to make myself a huge breakfast. I miss my mum and I wanted to go visit her today. I could bring her something besides bland hospital food. I take out the milk, butter, eggs, and cheese. I want to make this a good one for absolutely no reason.

When I begin to mix the eggs together with some milk, I turn on my phones music. I turn it up by plugging my phone in a radio that is connected to a surround sound system. I put on 'Teenage Dirtbag' and begin to whip the egg mixture with the beat.

When the song is over, I pour the mixture in the pan and begin to stir it to form little egg clouds. I loved scrambled eggs so much and it always reminds me of my mum cooking when my dad was around..

~~~~~~~~~

I finish eating the eggs and decide to clean up my house. I pick up old socks that are next to the stool in the kitchen, which I assume are Gemmas.

I forgot that tomorrow is New Year's Eve....

Shit.

I have no one to hang out with this year. Last year I was with Louis, Liam, Zayn, and Niall. I miss them so much, I really don't want to spend it alone. When I throw the socks into the laundry bin, I begin to wonder what I should do. It's still early in the day and I want to do something productive.

An idea pops into my mind.

When I run up to my room, I take off my pajama pants and plain t-shirt, and replace it with runner shorts and a tank top. I put on a sweatshirt and tie my shoes before entering the cold weather that awaits me.

When I walk out, I jog to my car. I can hear the crunching of the snow underneath my blue gym shoes. I open my car door and start the ignition. I plug my phone in to charge and begin to drive to the 'Charter Fitness' that's about 6 blocks away. I drive and sing along to the stupid American songs that play over and over again.

When I arrive at the gym, I grab a towel and walk over to a weight bench. I walk over to the weights and grab two one-hundred pound weights. I slide it on the little bar and lay back on the bench.