"...Nothing's wrong with the Cyrus'!"

The walk to the bus stop was a lot colder than this morning and very quiet as the winter was approaching everyone liked to stay in their houses at a much earlier time. When i arrived at the bus shelter, i sat down on one of the small plastic chairs. I shuffled my hands around my jumper to find my phone and IPod; i plugged in my earphones which were tightly wrapped around the device for reasons which concluded not losing them. I pressed the top button on my phone allowing the screen to brighten within my touch.  No messages.  I would have expected Alec to at least send me a message to boast about how i had to do his shift as he was presumably ill. I looked at the time and then the board which stated that the bus will arrive in 9 minutes meaning i would probably be home by around 8:45 including the walk back to the apartment.

I searched through my contacts to find Alec’s number; i instantly clicked on to it and pulled it against my ear. The ringing sounded in my eardrums as i waited patiently for a voice to speak. It continued echoing through the speaker as i started to fidget with the bottom of my jumper; Alec would away’s answer his phone. I mean constantly hold his phone in his hand. He wouldn’t let go of it at work, he wouldn’t let go of it in everywhere, it was like he was fixed to it, like they were a couple.

I dislodged the phone from my ear and pushed it back into my pocket, i reached took hold of my iPod and pressed onto shuffle while i figured out what way would be the quickest to get to Alec’s.  I pulled my weight off the hard seat and began to map out the most appropriate way to get to Alec’s house. I eventually decided to go the road way since it would be much easier and safer to travel that way since the dark was already appearing.

When i reached the large house owned by Alec, i swung the miniature gate open and walked down the freakishly polished path. The house was decorated with flowers and little wooden wheel barrels there for decorations. I raised my eyebrow and choked when i spotted a small pond with a little stone boy standing next to it completely naked, with the water spout down below as if he was urinating in the pond.  I walked over to the little boy and placed my hand on his rock head, and patted it laughing to myself.

I hopped back onto the main path at clicked onto the small white button which i assumed was the door bell. When nobody answered after a couple of minutes, i pressed on it again and again until i came to the conclusion that maybe it had broken and i was standing here stupidly  waiting for him to answer the door when the bell didn’t even sound. I clenched my hand into a little ball and began to knock on the glass. I saw a dark blurry shadow of a person coming closer to the door as i hit it again. The door diverted open and a weak figure looked at me straight in the eyes with an emotionless expression. I scrunched down my eyebrows when i saw him stare at me as if he didn’t want to ever see me again.

“What?” He said almost murderously.                                                                                      

“Woah, you look awful.” I laughed.

“I’m trying to take care of myself.”

“You mean like your garden? It looks as if you’ve been treating your garden better than yourself. Just saying.”

“Well you needn’t say anything! Why are you even here?!” He shouted.

“You’re ill and you didn’t pick up, excuse me for caring. I will hold back next time.” I said while turning my back and walking back to the gate.

“Stop, I’m sorry. Just come inside, I’m freezing my niblets off.”

“I’ll come in, if you never say that again.”

“Why? I quite lik-”

“No.” I interrupted laughing.

He invited me inside his perfectly set out house, i followed him through the kitchen then the dining room into the living room where tissues were spread out all over the sofa along with cough sweet wrappers and DVD boxes spread out everywhere. I scanned through the piles of DVD’s seeing so many chick flicks such as ‘Dirty Dancing’, ‘She’s The Man’, ‘Clueless’ etc...

“Now you know...” Alec spoke from the kitchen making me jump.

“Know what? That you love chick flicks, do you mean?”

“You can’t tell anyone.”

“Tell anyone that you want a happy ending? Or a sappy romance?” I teased.

“Reeve, please.” He pleaded.

“I won’t, i won’t. You know, i’m not that bad.”

“Whatever you say...” He chuckled back with a grin plastered onto his face.

I walked into the kitchen where i saw Alec now making tea, i stood next to the fridge while gave him a disappointed look because there is no way he should be up if he’s ill, he should be resting. He looked at me in confusion before tilting his hair and laughing to himself.

“I know, I’m ill. Ladadedade.”

“First Billy Ray, now Miley.”

“I must be extremely ill.” He snorted.

“Hey, nothing’s wrong with the Cyrus’!” I argued.

He continued to stir both mine and his tea before taking the teaspoon over to the sink and placing it in the bowl. He shuffled back to where the mugs were situated and pushed the pink mug which i guessed was mine in my direction. I gave him discouraging smile and shook my head while he lifted up his mug and held it to his mouth. Just as his lips touched the liquid, his body fell to the ground in a clump. The cup smashed on the wooden floor next to his body. I moved my body downwards until i was on my knees leaning over his body. I shook his arm as i repeated his name trying to help him; i continued to try to wake him when under my touch he began shaking. I reached through my pocket and yanked out my phone quickly, my fingers traced over the number 9 as i realized Alec was having a fit. I pressed call and pressed the speaker button placing my phone on the floor as i tried to turn his body onto a side and i pulled off my jumper using it to cushion his head. 

His eyes swung open as a completely dark black colour just as the person on the other side of the phone spoke. He clenched his hand and swung it around and letting it crash on my phone breaking it the pieces. I pulled my body away from his and climbed up to my feet, his eyes were locked onto mine and i took as step back.

“Cut it out.” My voice sounded shaky and scared.

“YOU’RE WANTED. SHE GAVE YOU LIFE. SHE GAVE YOU EVERYTHING. SHE GAVE YOU HOPE BUT HE GAVE YOU NOTHING BUT FEAR. HE’S COMING FOR YOU. HE WANTS TO CONTINUE LIVING. HE WANTS FOR YOU NOT TO BE THE LAST ONE. YOU MUST ESCAPE. HE LIVES AMOUNGST THE CROWD AND HE WON’T STOP UNTIL HE FINDS OUT YOUR WEAKNESS. YOU WON’T WIN, UNLESS YOU ACHIEVE YOUR LIFE GOAL. UNLESS YOU LEARN YOUR ORIGINS. UNLESS YOU STOP HIM. GO. Brujería” Alec chorused with voices to back him up. The voice sounded wheezy yet forceful, scared yet powerful.

Without thinking, my legs started moving. My heart was beating so fast and my head pounded. My legs began to pick up the pace and i was eventually running. I ran straight out the front door and little gate down the road. My brain wasn’t functioning and i had no time to comprehend the way back to my apartment. I stopped running and turned my head over my shoulder to check whether anyone was behind me. My breathing increased as i saw that i was lost. I dragged my feet in the same direction as i was already going even if it would take me longer to get home.

Eventually i began to recognise the streets i was walking down. I continued to run up the long street in which my apartment was on. I spotted my apartment and charged towards the door slamming my hand against the door. Within seconds the door was pulled open by Cleo who was wearing an oversized robe. I shoved past her and stumbled straight to my room.