Untangle Harry

After wondering around the endless streets for what seemed like years, I reached my apartment. I walked towards the door but hesitated before opening it. What if Harry and Cleo was home? What if they were packing? What if they want answers? What if they wanted to confront me? I couldn't deal with that, I just wanted to run straight to my room and climb into my bed and forget about my worries.

I gently opened the door and creped inside. I looked around to take in my surrounding and to check whether anyone was in. Clear so far... I pulled my shoes off and cautiously tiptoed around and towards my room. The whole space of the apartment was silent but that didn't mean they weren't in. As I reached my room I rushed in and quickly but quietly shut it behind me. I rested my head against the door in a huff, letting a few more tears run free.

"You found your way then." A blunt voiced calmly said, making me jump.

I spun around to reveal Harry, sitting on my bed. His legs dangled off the side and he was wearing black skinny jeans and a black tank top with a plaid shirt draped over his shoulders. His hair was left free and wild.

"You've been crying." He spoke again, pulling his weight off my bed and taking a step towards me.

"You're in my room." I said, emotionless.

"Why have you been crying?" He replied taking another step closer.

"Why are you in my room?" I questioned, taking a step backwards, making my back hit the door. I was unable to step further backwards.

"I asked first." He said, slyly grinning.

"And I want an answer first."

"Why are you so stubborn? Just tell me, Reeve. I don't want to play games." He returned back to his normal straight face.

I didn't know what else to do, or even say. So I played the stupid card and took a step closer to him. He took a small step backwards meaning that my plan was working. I was intimidating him. I dimmed my eyes and continued taking small steps towards him. I lifted my chin so i could see his whole facial features. I stared into his eyes, to try to make him feel awkward. He did. I grinned at my achievement and came to a stop. He then removed his eyes from mine to admit defeat and he took a seat back onto my bed.

“Get off.” I demanded.

“Why should I? I’m still waiting for a reason.” He tilted his head to a side.

As I let out a sigh, he lurched forward in pain. He whimpered on the floor as he wrapped curled himself up into a small ball. He started shaking and sweat poured down his face and onto my floor.

I didn’t know what to do. I rushed down to my knees and attempted to untangle Harry but he wouldn’t release his grip from his knees. I then shook him like a madman shouting for him to ‘stop’, but he wouldn’t. I reached forward and cupped his face in my hands to stop it from shaking. I felt the sweat under my hands but i ignored it. I tried to hush him by whispering to him to tell him to ‘calm’ and that ‘everything was going to be okay’. He began to calm when i got eye contact with him. His body unfolded and his breathing wasn’t so heavy. His eyes locked into mine and he took in a deep breath attempting to pull his body so he was sitting up instead of lying down, but i wouldn’t let him move, just in case.  

“I’m... I’m s... sorry you had to see tha... that.” He stuttered.

“Should i take you to the hospital?” I whispered.

“No, don’t. It’s a medical thing. It always happens...” He said, removed his eyes from mine, yet again.

“Still...”

“No, please. Cleo normally sorts it out, but she’s out. Don’t tell her, she will go all psycho...”

“As long as you don’t make me tell you what earlier was about...” I said, climbing back to my feet.

He simply nodded and got back onto his feet. He then walked over to my door. He opened it and began to walk out but stopped before he could. He looked backwards and then turned on his heels.

“Does this mean that we are friends?” He grinned.

“Fuck, no!” I shook my head, lowering my eyebrows at him.

“We’ll see about that. By the way, you can’t kick me out, not yet. I still have some unfinished business...” He teased.

“You have a girlfrie...!”

“I didn’t mean that! Reeve, why are you so dirty minded?!” He laughed.

“Goodbye Harold.” I walked over to him and gently pushed him out the door before shutting it.

“See you at work tomorrow.” His muffled voice said through my door.

“Bye!” I shouted.

I climbed back into my bed and pulled the duvet over the majority of my body. I then plugged my earphones in and pressed onto shuffle on my music. The first song that came on was ‘Feel’ by Sleeping With Sirens. I leaned my head back onto my pillow as i let the music take over my thoughts. By the first chorus, i had already almost forgotten about work and how tomorrow i would have to work alone. I had almost forgotten about todays events, from the taxi driver to Harrys medical ‘fit’. I didn’t know what it would be classed as so i suppose that would have to be it.  I had almost forgotten about everything but one thing. The thing that i could never get rid of, never shake it off.

Who was i?

I didn’t know myself. I didn’t know anything about my past or family. I wanted to know, so badly. I wanted to search up all my paperwork or find my birth certificate or anything that would give me the information i needed, but i couldn’t. I couldn’t do that because i never had any of that stuff. I only remember knowing my name, age and birthday. Nothing more or nothing less. As much as i wanted to discover everything, I knew i couldn’t. I knew that i never would.