Bloody Brides and Wedding Crashers: Chapter One

This town, which was the same as all the others, was boring. The wood buildings, the newer brick ones, the plethora of shops selling useless vintage trinkets - all made this town, Rivendale, the same as the rest.

But what made it different was its history.

"So, this town, Rivendale, was named after its founder and mayor, William Rivendale," Bree said as she continued to read the article on her laptop. "He had a daughter. Her name was Angelica Rivendale. She was supposed to be married, but she died on her wedding day."

Reagan sighed. "Oh how tragic." He muttered sarcastically.

Bree rolled her eyes at the sour teen. "Anyways, we're going to the historic Rivendale house."

"Why is that?" Vic asked tiredly, stretching as she spoke.

"Well, town rumors say that Angelica has been searching for her true love and is waiting to be wed to him."

"Now that just sounds cheesy." Reagan said finally, laughing at Bree's small smile and nod as she revved the engine.

"But one more thing," Bree said over the engine. "It's close to the anniversary of her death. And a teen boy went missing a couple of weeks ago, Evan Danthers. Everyone in town was saying it's finally time for Angelica's wedding."

"What the heck?!" Reagan said, Bree's statement only weirding him out more.

"I know." Bree muttered before pulling out of the empty motel parking lot.

~

They arrived at a two-story light blue house. It's wooden features were rotting away slowly, but the house was maintained well enough that some remained.

They walked up the ramp to the front door of the house, where a sign sat.

"'Welcome to the Rivendale estate.'" Vic read plainly.

"'Enjoy your tour of the first Rivendale house's beauties and wonders,'" Reagan continued tiredly, rolling his eyes at their attempts to draw people in. "They try too hard." He muttered before opening the door for Aunt Bree and Vic.

Aunt Bree paid the outrageous price for the three of them, and began to wander through the house.

The tour people had left all of the Rivendale family's belongings alone, probably only renovating the walls, paint, and furniture when needed.

Vic became instantly mesmerized by all of the trinkets and outdated furniture, completely oblivious to the bored Reagan and Aunt Bree following her reluctantly.

Reagan had zoned out of Aunt Bree talking to him and heard another voice giggling near them. "She's perfect." The high-pitched voice purred, making Reagan jump.

His eyes widened as he looked at Aunt Bree with a crazed look on his face. "You okay?"

Reagan looked around the room slowly, noticing nothing out of the ordinary, before finally seeing Vic looking curiously at everything in the old house. "I'm... I'm fine," He looked around again after hearing more giggling before patting Bree's shoulder. "I'm gonna wait in the car."

After several more minutes of Vic admiring the house, Bree glanced at her watch yet again and finally headed for the exit. "We've gotta get to the motel, hun- it's getting late."

"But, Aunt Bree-" Vic began to whine, but Bree shook her head at her daughter.

"Nope. I need sleep, Ray needs sleep, you need sleep. Come on." Bree argued carefully, walking out of the house and straight to the van where Reagan was waiting.