Back In The Day - Russian Spies: Chapter Two

"Ya know, you guys shouldn't insult the future Tsar of Russia." Diane said uninterested, placing her hands on her hips sassily in response.

"Oh, don't defend him!" Reagan whined, resting his head on Evan's shoulder, defeated. Evan patted his friend's shoulder hesitantly.

Vic walked over to Diane, a bizarre look on her face as she grabbed her best friend's gold-covered shoulders. "Diane, honey, you're getting into this role too much."

"What role- True," Diane said finally, sighing and pushing Vic's hands off her shoulders. "If you guys are around me, then maybe the Prince won't bother me anymore."

"We play no role in this story whatsoever." Evan said quickly, turning Reagan the other way and walking away from the girls.

"Huh." Diane said finally.

"That was interesting." Vic mused.

"Okay, well, as long as you're with me I guess we can avoid that crazy Prince." Diane smiled.

"Princessa, I need to speak with you!" A voice droned down the hallway, making Diane run after where Evan and Reagan had ran to, Vic following her closely.

~

The teens had wandered around the large palace, miraculously avoiding all other servants and royals when they finally reached a large wooden door.

They opened it slowly, a creak echoing down the hallway they had just left. They stepped inside, finding a large amount of books and novels scattered around on oak bookshelves in the small room, all surrounding a thick wooden table.

"This is a small room with a lot of books in it." Evan said quietly, and Vic nodded.

"Okay, guys," Diane said finally, resting her hands on the hard wooden surface and looking at the three others. "We need to figure out what's happening."

"Yeah- first, we're in Ireland. Then we're in the middle of a plague or something. Now we're in Russia?" Reagan asked, confusion evident in his voice.

"That's what we need to try to figure out." Diane spoke quietly.

"Do you think it's a spell?" Evan said bluntly.

"Nah," Vic muttered before shrugging. "Maybe it's a spirit..."

"But what spirit would want to do this to us?" Reagan asked incredulously.

"Was it... The Brothers?" Diane gulped, looking at Vic and Reagan frightfully.

"I hope not." Reagan groaned.

"If it is, I'll find a way." Vic threatened.

"To...?" Evan questioned strangely. None of the teens noticed their friend searching the shelves determinedly.

"Kick a spirit's ass." Vic muttered darkly, cracking her knuckles evilly.

"Language." Reagan whispered, and Vic stuck her tongue out at the now brunette boy.

"Hey, guys," Diane said, pulling out a thick leather bound book from a higher shelf. She placed it on the table, wincing at the loud noise it produced. "Maybe we should look at this."